Sign in to follow this  
AirbusCG

Error: The file could not be read/Can't load

Hello,

I'm using the NGX with FS2Crew voice control since the day it was released, but since some time I am now experiencing problems with it.

The problem is that some time into the flight I'm getting an error saying "Fehler: Die Datei konnte nicht gelesen werden" (Once the error showed up in english. It then said "Error: Can't load", but usually it appeared in German). I only have the opportunity to click ok and if I do it will close my FSX.

However if I just pull the error message over to my second screen FSX continues to run, but it won't reload scenery anylonger and also parts of my aircraft just grey out in the external view. Or in short: It does not load anything new anymore.

For some time I expected this to be an error caused by the NGX and not by FS2Crew and so I contacted PMDG support, but they did not know any answer. I also opened a thread in the PMDG support forum, but there I got no help either. Here's the link to it in case it is of any help for you: http://forum.avsim.net/topic/412139-error-cant-load/

Now just today a friend of mine who just got FS2Crew for the NGX is also getting this error since today. Now I am sure that this is an error caused by FS2Crew.
So, do you have any Idea what one can do to get rid of it?
I already tried a reinstalltion of the entire NGX (including FS2Crew of cause), but it did not help.

I am running FSX as administrator all the time and windows UAC is turned off.

I'm using FSX Gold edition (with acceleration), Win 7 x64, NGX (SP1c), FS2Crew Emergency NGX (my friend only has the "normal" version though and also gets the error).

Your help is much apprechiated

kind regards

Emi

Greetings from the 737 flightdeck!

I'm sorry, I have no idea either.  Never seen that one or had it reported before.  And we have a very large user base for the NGX.

The error seems to be coming from FSX itself, and I suspect it's scenery related.

You need to figure out what you changed/added to your system when this error started happening.

As far as I am aware the only change made has been the installation of FS2Crew.

Tonight however I will try a flight in the NGX without FS2Crew to see if it's actually the cause or not.

As far as I am aware the only change made has been the installation of FS2Crew.

Tonight however I will try a flight in the NGX without FS2Crew to see if it's actually the cause or not.

Make sure FS2Crew is de-activated first (no FS2Crew on the panel.cfg file).

But we have 1000s of users... we've never had that issue reported before.

Cheers,

Ok Bryan,

I have completly deactivated my FS2Crew now (clickspot in the cockpit no longer available) and flew about 13 hours with the NGX (4 flights) and eveything worked just normally. I also flew routes on which the error appeared before, but this time it didn't!

I will do 4 more flights today with FS2Crew deactivated and will then activate it again to see if the problem appears again.

One thing is just coming to my mind though: I am not totally sure about this, but since I did not suffer that problem earlier, could it be that one of the latest updates of FS2Crew is causing that problem? Both, my friend and myself are using the latest version of cause.

As I do not have the installer of the older version, could you propably send me the original NGX (and emergency NGX) version again so that I can check if the problem also appears with it?

Maybe we can get this error back to one of the later updates.
If you want to check that I really bought the versions I can PM you my ordernumbers of both if desired.

BTW, one possibility why it never was reported earlier is that propably no user ever though it could be caused by FS2Crew. As said, I have also flown at least 1000 hours with FS2Crew enabled and during those I had no problems.

The only reason I came to the thought that the cause could be FS2Crew is that I spoke to PMDG support and Aerosoft support (I thought maybe their scenerys could be the cause) and no one knew the answer. PMDG even said that they do not have a single line of code which might cause that error, so it must have been something different in my NGX. As a reinstall of the whole NGX did also not help I came to the conclusion that it must be FS2Crew and it seems that this is right.

I could very well imagine that not many users would do all this.

I'm sorry, I don't have the older versions.  Most of the update involved minor edits, hardly anything major.

However, there's no line in FS2Crew that would cause this error.

And we've never seen it before out of a huge user base.

Trust me, if there's a problem, there will be 30 posts a day all saying the same thing.

Try re-enabling FS2Crew and see if it happens again.

I'm still putting money on it being scenery or AI traffic related.

Please email me your full name and your friends full name, as well as point of purchase and Order #'s to:  admin *** at **** fs2crew.com

In the past time I did 16 flights without FS2Crew enabled and now as I did just the second with it in use again I'm suffering the error again.

I'm 100% sure this IS caused by FS2Crew now.

I understand that you currently do not have much time because of the pending Airbus release, but after that's released I'd be really glad if you could help me to sort my problem out Bryan (yeah, you've guessed it, I'll be on holidays the next two weeks so I am very patient at the moment  :lol:).

If you can give me something I can "reproduce" I can look.

Not trying to pass the buck, but as mentioned, no one else out of 1000s of users have reported this, and I can't see that error message coming from FS2Crew in a way.

But try to find a consistent "trigger" and I'll do my best to guess.

Try doing a flight with FS2Crew in Africa... this will ensure you're away from any 3rd party scenery/ AI Conflicts, etc.

Cheers,

On a system NOT running or having installed either PMDG 727NGX  or FS2CREW, one can still get the "Cannot read from file".

I have experienced it a few times.

Even restarting FSX, does not always fix the issue,  but a complete re-boot will, and the issue goes away for another few weeks.

I have tried to determine if it's a particular file that cannot be read, but without success.

Therefore, I also would be most interested if anyone can throw any light on what is happening, and how to avoid it.

In my case,  it seems to be worse if the computer has not been re-booted in a few days, and it never happens, if I re-boot just before starting FSX.

I think this may be connected with the Right PFD and the VSD and Multiplayer.

Try this:

Problem: While using multi-player, I'm getting kicked for 'event flooding'. I'm also getting stuttering while using the Aivlasoft EFB.

Solution:

• There is a bug in the PMDG 737 NGX asociated with the FO's VSD display. The FO's VSD triggers 'event flooding' when it's turned on. The solution is to disable the FO's VSD via the PMDG options menu.
  • You can also stop FS2Crew from turning on the VSD by opening this file located in App Data with Notepad:

Users\----- YOUR USER NAME HERE ------\AppData\Roaming\FS2Crew2010\Versions\PMDG737NGX\SavedData\FS2CrewData.ini

Change: DisableVSD = 0 to DisableVSD =1