Yeah - after twenty months, another version! A few minor updates and one completely new section on linking managed code (dotnet dlls) to Flight Simulator.

Bill - would you be kind enough to upload to flightsim.com please? I've lost my login.  :mellow:

-Dai

Nice! Dai, I have been a regular reader of your documentation since, what, twelve, fourteen years (has it been around that long?). Also I haven't touched gauge creation since a few years as well, but once again downloaded and saved your excellent work for future reference. You never know. :Big Grin: In any way - Thanks for your continuous efforts!

Regards

sig.gif

Can we find it in the avsim library? Thanks for your work!

-Matthew Chase

I'd like to know too. Bob.

Thanks again DAI ! Always an excellent read! One of these days will have to try C++ again, for the dozenth time.. Even so, there are ideas / structures / logic in your SDK that port over nicely to XML.. 

Roman

20AUG21_Avsim_Sig.png?dl=1  FS RTWR   SHRS F-111   JoinFS   Little Navmap 

Bill - would you be kind enough to upload to flightsim.com please? I've lost my login.  :mellow:

-Dai

Sure thing, Dai.

For those who can't find it in the Library, a search for Dai Griffiths will turn it up quickly:

http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?DLID=&Name=&FileName=&Author=Dai+Griffiths&CatID=root

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Thanks Bill. I've been out of the country this week with no access to a computer - and I can't say I missed it! :lol:

-Dai

Thanks Dai for this update. Always appreciated (by a slow learning C++ programmer).

www.antsairplanes.com

I've just realised that one of the new sections is incomplete: 'Gauge Callback Case Statements'. I left a note for myself but never went back to it, so just ignore what's there until I finally remember what I was going to say... :wacko:

-Dai

Aside from spelling my name wrong... :lol:

I think you want to mention that in PANEL_SERVICE_CONNECT_TO_WINDOW and PANEL_SERVICE_DISCONNECT, that a pointer to the panel window ident number is returned in the variable "extra_data"

Doug

I've just realised that one of the new sections is incomplete: 'Gauge Callback Case Statements'. I left a note for myself but never went back to it, so just ignore what's there until I finally remember what I was going to say... :wacko:

-Dai

Thanks Dai. You put so much work into this, and it keeps getting better and better.  And better!

Bob

Aside from spelling my name wrong... :lol:

I think you want to mention that in PANEL_SERVICE_CONNECT_TO_WINDOW and PANEL_SERVICE_DISCONNECT, that a pointer to the panel window ident number is returned in the variable "extra_data"

Doug

I think that sounds about right, Mr. DAwson. I would have corrected it - honest (I think... well, maybe... :P )

You couldn't point me to the original topic please Doug? I don't seem to be able to find it with the forum search.

-Dai

I think that sounds about right, Mr. DAwson. I would have corrected it - honest (I think... well, maybe... :P )

You couldn't point me to the original topic please Doug? I don't seem to be able to find it with the forum search.

-Dai

It's in an e-mail I sent you on Feb 18.  That's why the forum search isn't helping.

Doug

That would be the one from you that I haven't kept... :lol:  Never mind - I have to test it anyway and I'm sure that's enough information for me to get started.

-Dai