Sign in to follow this  
Dragonmount

Long haul airbuses?

Is there anything in the way of an A330 that is ok? Or any other lh airbus that is more realistic than the couple of lite airbuses that I've been able to find?

Blackboxsimulations have an A330. They are good. Very sharp visuals and accurate flight....

i have their A320(BBS), this was the first and the last time when i paid for unfinished product. Not realy bad, but there is a lot to do, and i have no guarantees that will be my kind of addon at the end. I wouldn't buy A330 untill is finished. I think i will fly A330 in fsx when/if FS Labs make one...

Feelthere/wilco systems and FBW are probably the best for a long time - FBW works excelent, but only in professional mode. Anyway, this is a option only if you can live with very uggly virtual cockpit

If you are really just looking for a 'non-Boeing' long hauler, the PMDG MD-11 is tops. IMHO it is the best current long haul simulation available now, and when 777 is released, it will still be the best non-Boeing long hauler out. The MD system logic has some similarities to the Airbus style in that it is very automated.

You can find Aerosoft Boxed versions on Amazon for about 50USD I think.

Otherwise you have the BBS A330 choice mentioned above.

Cheers

TJ

I fly the A321 from Aerosoft from east to west coast. Best thing out I think at the moment. FSL will be it though once they release it.

Sent from my Apple communications device.

I've been learning to fly the airbus extended, and kind of think that FSX really needs one of the airbus long haul aircraft and was hoping that there were more options. I like the MD11 by pmdg, and wouldn't mind another LH aircraft that isn't Boeing.

I've been learning to fly the airbus extended, and kind of think that FSX really needs one of the airbus long haul aircraft and was hoping that there were more options. I like the MD11 by pmdg, and wouldn't mind another LH aircraft that isn't Boeing.

I'm sure I read somewhere that Aerosoft may start developing an A330. I could be dreaming, but I'm sure I saw it somewhere. 

I know for sure PA (Project Airbus) are working on an A330 and 340 as freeware. The models look pretty neat, but I don't know how far down the line they are with development.

i have their A320(BBS), this was the first and the last time when i paid for unfinished product. Not realy bad, but there is a lot to do, and i have no guarantees that will be my kind of addon at the end. I wouldn't buy A330 untill is finished. I think i will fly A330 in fsx when/if FS Labs make one...

Feelthere/wilco systems and FBW are probably the best for a long time - FBW works excelent, but only in professional mode. Anyway, this is a option only if you can live with very uggly virtual cockpit

Pardon my ignorance... but what's/who's "FBW"? :)

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

Is there anything in the way of an A330 that is ok? Or any other lh airbus that is more realistic than the couple of lite airbuses that I've been able to find?

I have the CLS Airbus but it has no true FMC. Just a standard FS one which isn't real to life.

The Wilco feel there product is ok. I have it. But I would recommend the BBS A330 as it would be the best. The PSS 777 for FS9 which I have is very good. True to the flight characteristics. The sounds needed changing......but once changed they were quite accurate. I used freeware sounds which there are lots of on avsim and flightsim libraries.

Aerosoft is making an A330 next spring, after they release the A318/319. That will be something to look forward to!

Has anyone taken the BBS 330 for a spin yet?

Yeah, me too, waiting to read an in-depth User Review/Feedback before shaking the CC at it. I want to replicate the Delta A330-200 flights EGCC-KATL-EGCC I made recently.

That Aerosoft offing looks good if it happens,and it is anything like their AXE.