Sign in to follow this  
anthony_d

CRJ 200 1.5.3 released on X-Aviation

For those folk that have it you'll find your emails waiting in your inbox.  Finally this plane is ready for X-Plane 10.22.

In my hangar that just leaves the DC-3 and a couple of Carenado airframes for the 64bit upgrade.  Hoping that'll be happening soon.

why so long for the x-aviation buyers?  The .org has had the 64bit version for over 6months :Thinking:

why so long for the x-aviation buyers?  The .org has had the 64bit version for over 6months

There's plenty of literature on this.

Bottom line, each store runs different libraries for the CRJ within the actual plugin that it's built for. The conversion process on the X-Aviation library took much longer because the library had to be entirely re-written (only 32-bit existed). It also took a lot of work on Laminar's side to get it working correctly.

Founder of X-Aviation

Well, whatever the reason, I'm just happy to have it and be able to fly this beauty in a 64bit world.  Thank you X-Aviation!  :Applause:

why so long for the x-aviation buyers? The .org has had the 64bit version for over 6months :Thinking:

WARNING. . This is a opinion only and not based on any inside info or anything else. Just speculating.

Who knows... All I know Is I think it's kind of odd that a add-on that is partly developed by a developer that is now selling exclusively on the .org had significant delays on it's x-aviation version.

The SAAB will be on x-a and I am pretty certain that the IXEG 737 will not be a .org product and I am not a big carenado guy so I will not be buying anymore .org products.

Mike Avallone

9900k@5.0,Corsair H115i cooler,ASUS 2080TI,GSkill 32GB pc3600 ram, 2 WD black NVME ssd drives, ASUS maximus hero MB

@Mike

You know, if you wanted, you can buy Carenado X-plane stuff directly from their website, no need to go through the .org. 

mikea76, on 22 Jul 2013 - 12:25 PM, said:

Who knows... All I know Is I think it's kind of odd that a add-on that is partly developed by a developer that is now selling exclusively on the .org had significant delays on it's x-aviation version.

This confuses me. What developer are you even talking about?

EDIT: I understand now.

That particular developer is just going wherever offers come from. His side of the XA CRJ project was done quite some time ago, so there was no weird hold up there, or even bad blood. The reason you see those products exclusive on the org is because VMAX (who is the owner of X-Plane.org) is the provider of financial backing to produce the products in question. Makes sense. :smile:

Founder of X-Aviation

This confuses me. What developer are you even talking about?

EDIT: I understand now.

That particular developer is just going wherever offers come from. His side of the XA CRJ project was done quite some time ago, so there was no weird hold up there, or even bad blood. The reason you see those products exclusive on the org is because VMAX (who is the owner of X-Plane.org) is the provider of financial backing to produce the products in question. Makes sense. :smile:

I bought the 777 and I was not impressed I will not be buying the 757.  the two I am waiting for is the SAAB and IXEG 737.   One last thing..  we really really need a solution for upper winds aloft in X-plane.  I used a plug in for 32 bit but I don't think that will work in 64bit.   I hope a weather engine is built for x-plane soon. 

@Mike

You know, if you wanted, you can buy Carenado X-plane stuff directly from their website, no need to go through the .org. 

Thanks for the heads up. 

I think the planes are lovley but I wish they would go deeper on the system modeling and flight model. 

Mike Avallone

9900k@5.0,Corsair H115i cooler,ASUS 2080TI,GSkill 32GB pc3600 ram, 2 WD black NVME ssd drives, ASUS maximus hero MB

Only thing really missing on the CRJ is external cockpit glass shine. Amazing otherwise. Love it.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

Ark

--------------------------

I9 9900K @ 5ghz / 32GB G.Skill (Samsung B) / Aorus Master Mobo / EVGA GTX 2080Ti FTW 3

This is kind of unsettling as I bought it off X-Aviation, but didn't realize the org had the 64bit version. So weird one plane would have two separate releases spaced so far apart. Going to have to research more in the future.

This is kind of unsettling as I bought it off X-Aviation, but didn't realize the org had the 64bit version. So weird one plane would have two separate releases spaced so far apart. Going to have to research more in the future.

Again, this was pretty well documented, Vincent. I won't get into details, but lets just say the original plan and agreement between all parties was to not release the update until all venues were ready. Someone slipped and either miscommunicated or went against the agreement, and put everyone in a bind. We dealt with the matter as best as we could, but it is the only product that had such an issue.

This is just a consequence of being the exclusive and first venue for the product for almost six months, using a different plug-in library than the rest (each store uses different libraries) at the onset of release.

Either way, it's past us and there's no such thing as 128-bit...yet.  :smile: That said, if in doubt, ask us! We're always up front about any questions you may have. Customer service and even after sales support is very important to us!

Founder of X-Aviation