Sign in to follow this  
BlakeWilliams

Transparent Fog

Hi all,

I've noticed when using regular FSX weather textures or REX, that if you're flying over a layer of low fog, its still transparent and you can still make out roads and runways, obviously making it unreal to RW flying in that type of environment. I was wondering if anyone knew of a fix that would make it so the fog would be just a white opaque layer, instead of transparent?

Regards

Only just over 90 mins between your posts, and remember that people are on all different time zones.  There are periods when the North Americans are all at work, the Europeans are all asleep, and the Australians are all having a Barbeque, drinking Castlemaine XXXX.  :wink:

A lot of Fog events, are Fog layers that are not all that Vertically Thick.

(ie a FOG Layer).

If you look FORWARD, through the layer, Horizontally, , it can appear  that Viability is very low,  but looking straight DOWN through the layer, there are many cases, where the ground is plainly visible,

This leads to one clearly being able to see the runway from altitude,  but as one gets lower,  the runway disappears,  as it seems , the lower you get, (and the more you are looking FORWARD, instead of DOWN,)  the more the Fog reduces your visibility.

A lot of Fog events, are Fog layers that are not all that Vertically Thick.

(ie a FOG Layer).

If you look FORWARD, through the layer, Horizontally, , it can appear  that Viability is very low,  but looking straight DOWN through the layer, there are many cases, where the ground is plainly visible,

This leads to one clearly being able to see the runway from altitude,  but as one gets lower,  the runway disappears,  as it seems , the lower you get, (and the more you are looking FORWARD, instead of DOWN,)  the more the Fog reduces your visibility.

It even happens when Im clearly over a fog layer and looking straight ahead on final approach. Theres no way the runway should be spotted in these weather events or in IFR conditions above minimums. It just seems as if its a graphical issue that I'm missing to tweak. 

Regards

It even happens when Im clearly over a fog layer and looking straight ahead on final approach. Theres no way the runway should be spotted in these weather events or in IFR conditions above minimums. It just seems as if its a graphical issue that I'm missing to tweak. 

Regards

Agreed,  the simulation of Fog is far from Accurate, at least with default FSX weather processing.

Is this a weather generator problem or a weather texture problem? 

Thanks in advance

I'am using  rexe  and  have no problems  in what your  describing, best bet is  to post  your issue in the rex forum  for best advice

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

I just bought FS Global Real Weather, and took off from London Oxford airport with a thick fog that was very solid.  Once off the ground at a couple of thousand feet looking down, it was a solid layer of clouds covering the ground in areas. Looked pretty real.

FB200inUKwithFSGRW_zpsd667f4ea.jpg?t=137