Sign in to follow this  
HighTowers

747 Red Speedbar Error on Takeoff

Try running it without any weather (clear weather) and see if it does the same thing.

Good idea, but sadly it didnt work. 

CYVR LSZH 

http://f9ixu0-2.png

Good idea, but sadly it didnt work.

Hi Dave,

I wondered if you were confusing the THRUST LIMIT logic with a SEL temp of 44c (which is very high) and a OAT of 23c. It looks like you have a de-rated Thrust limit of -15% ?

Got to be some simple solution, as I am sure you have done this flight setup many times.

Regards 

Geoff Bryce

Hi Dave,

I wondered if you were confusing the THRUST LIMIT logic with a SEL temp of 44c (which is very high) and a OAT of 23c. It looks like you have a de-rated Thrust limit of -15% ?

Got to be some simple solution, as I am sure you have done this flight setup many times.

Regards

There's nothing wrong in combining a fixed derate with an assumed temp. Also +44C is not particularly high. Topcat will often suggest much higher assumed temps.

I don't normally recommend reinstalling an add-on to fix issues like this but without anything else obviously wrong, it might be worth a try.

ki9cAAb.jpg

I don't normally recommend reinstalling an add-on to fix issues like this but without anything else obviously wrong, it might be worth a try.

Hi Kevin,

Yes, I wondered about the logic of temp switching. Some thing is obviously screwed up somewhere.

Dave said in his first post that he had already re-installed it from his boxed version. Several months ago, I "lost" my VC in the 747 for some reason. Just one day it had gone. Ryan said to re-install as some times this was the only method of restoring the 747 program...and all was well again. However, as Dave has done this, and all the right moves...a perplexing issue with hopefully a 'simple' solution.

Regards 

Geoff Bryce

Does the red bar appear on the speed tape if you dont program the FMC and just load it up and firewall the throttles? (Sorry if this has been answered, I only skimmed the thread)

Best way to rule out an FMC problem.

Regards,

Ivo

I derated engines because of a very light load. Derate temps go to 60C. Anyhow it was something different. Whether I derate as TO-1 ,2 and or use a temp, or use full on power, gives the same resulted issue.

I'm thinking maybe its just another bummed up install. I know u have to remove all pmdg folders relating to 747 after the uninstall.

Trying without fmc programmed later today as suggested.....

Does the red bar appear on the speed tape if you dont program the FMC and just load it up and firewall the throttles? (Sorry if this has been answered, I only skimmed the thread)

Best way to rule out an FMC problem.

Regards,

Ivo

Good suggestion. I think I tried before but couldnt remember, but thought I would try again. Anyway it did the exact same thing, so that rules out FMC programming errors.

Folks thanks very much for all your inputs and suggestions. I just thought maybe there was something i was missing. I will try one more clean install of it, and if it doesnt work give up and wait for the 747v2 which is probably a good 8mos after 777 is released I would think.

Edited by HighTowers

CYVR LSZH 

Low and behold! Reinstalled, and this time its back to normal. Did a test flight, and all seems like it should. Held my breath on the first takeoff roll at V2.

Not sure why it took 2 reinstalls, but the headaches of troubleshooting that are done. 

Thanks

CYVR LSZH 

Low and behold! Reinstalled, and this time its back to normal.

Glad you got it sorted.

...and if I didn't post this earlier, thanks for taking the time to post the pics!

Kyle Rodgers

Glad you got it sorted.

...and if I didn't post this earlier, thanks for taking the time to post the pics!

No worries. Thanks for the insight and suggestions. I just thought I was becoming a dense pilot or something missing something obvious. 

CYVR LSZH 

Folks thanks very much for all your inputs and suggestions. I just thought maybe there was something i was missing. I will try one more clean install of it, and if it doesn't work give up and wait for the 747v2 which is probably a good 8mos after 777 is released I would think.

Hi Dave,

Never give up mate...its some thing that can be remedied. I am sure you do not have a special computer setup that has suddenly changed to cause this. Anyhow, when I had an issue with the 747, Ryan said to remove and re-install in the following way:

"1. Uninstall any liveries for the 747 from Control Panel/Programs & Features.

2. Uninstall the 747 itself from the same location.

3. Manually delete the FSX\PMDG\747400 folder if it's still there.

4. Manually delete the FSX\SimObjects\Airplanes\PMDG747-400 and PMDG747-400F folders if they're still there.

5. Reinstall the airplane clean from the CD.

Let me know if there's still an issue after that."

If this does not help, send Ryan a ticket, tell him what you have tried and done.

http://support.precisionmanuals.com/Main/Default.aspx 

Regards

Geoff Bryce

Low and behold! Reinstalled, and this time its back to normal. Did a test flight, and all seems like it should. Held my breath on the first takeoff roll at V2.

Not sure why it took 2 reinstalls, but the headaches of troubleshooting that are done. 

Thanks

Goodness, I haven't seen this problem in the forum in quite some time, used to crop up about once every six months. As you found, the fix seems to be a reinstall but you have to hold your tongue just right. Happy contrails.

Dan Downs KCRP