Sign in to follow this  
FIVE-BY-FIVE

777 version 1.51 Released

1.5.1 changelog (all XP10 64bit only)

-new gear model and animation for a more realistic appearance on the ground

-new fanblade animation that looks nicer and is fps-independent

-corrected reference point of the -300ER, correcting elevator effectiveness at slow speeds

-fixed a bug in "Real Limits" option that could cause the wrong crash detection to trigger

-corrected animation of the pushback truck

-callouts added: V1, approaching minimums (thanks to Pierre Lavaux)

-corrected callout logic for Baro decision altitude

-added MCP altitude alert sounds

-enhanced the  thrust reverser sound

-corrected some problems with playing PA sounds

-corrected engine idle/engine out drag

-enhanced autobrake behavior with pedals

-enhanced remote CDU graphics and touch responsiveness (thanks to Bradley Fisherman)

-stab trim indication on FCTL page fixed

-decreased throttle limit for TO/GA selection on the ground

-fixed a buffer overflow on the FMC FIX page that could lead to crashes on Windows

-corrected thrust settings for flight idle descent

-correct pagination for SIDs with more than 4 airway transitions

-fixed some typos

Flew the 777-300ER last night and have to say they've done an amazing job. Flies PERFECTLY now!  :biggrin:

I bought it from Aerosoft, so, I guess I'll have to wait for quite a while before it get's available (1.5.1), but I did notice different takeoff performance in 1.5.0 already, namely some tuning of engine thrust (?)

Unfortunately I still miss the level of cockpit functionality / views / knob manipulation, etc... I had in a PMDG in FSX / P3D :-/  

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Unfortunately I still miss the level of cockpit functionality / views / knob manipulation, etc... I had in a PMDG in FSX / P3D :-/

I think it's very very close. If I ever get my hands on the PMDG 777 then I'm sure that flying it will be very familiar and all normal procedures would be very much the same.

I too miss all my PMDG planes including the NGX and MD-11 but I can't use FSX until that annoying disappearing controller bug in Win 8 gets sorted out, it drives me insane.... until then (and possibly after) X-Plane will be my primary sim.

I too miss all my PMDG planes including the NGX and MD-11 but I can't use FSX until that annoying disappearing controller bug in Win 8 gets sorted out, it drives me insane.... until then (and possibly after) X-Plane will be my primary sim.

Honestly, I believe that by the time Win8 get's stable enough for me to install it again, X-Plane10 has given it's biggest step towards the bright future we all wait it to have, and PMDG already announced, or even made available, their first X-Plane10 add-on :-)

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Jcomm, can you explain what you expect in your cockpit for the functionality, views and knob manipulation ?

There's one thing I was always using in PMDG add-ons: the 2D panels. But that's because in FS, the virtual cockpit was eating all the FPS and because in FS, it was not easy to move inside the cockpit.

In X-Plane I would not use a 2D panel if it was available. I'm not even using the 777 built-in views shortcuts.

MdMax,  the whole viewing perspective is strange. I know we have keys and joystick axis that can easily be assigned (as a matter of fact I consider X-Plane's joystick and keyboard configuration menus the best among all sim I have used... easy, user friendly, effective...)

Then, not being able to use you mouse scroll to set the rotating knobs... It always has to be clicks... Duh!

things like that...

Main Simulation Rig:

Yes it would be nice to be able to use the mouse wheel to rotate a knob. For now, aircraft authors have to choose between click spots ("+" and "-") or 3D manipulators.

3D manipulators are awesome for knobs with a limited number of values (example, 360 for the course selector). But it's often a bad choice for the altitude selector.

Honestly, I believe that by the time Win8 get's stable enough for me to install it again, X-Plane10 has given it's biggest step towards the bright future we all wait it to have, and PMDG already announced, or even made available, their first X-Plane10 add-on :-)

There are no stability issues in Win 8, not any that I've experienced anyway, it's quick and stable. FSX actually runs better than it did in Win 7 but it's just that controller disconnect glitch that eventually gets to me whenever you switch between windows. X-Plane 10 also runs beautifully on it and yes, I'm hoping to eventually see something from PMDG for X-Plane, their planes will look really nice in glowing HDR.

There are no stability issues in Win 8

I tend to call that  "controller disconnect glitch" an example of instability :-)

But yes, early this year I bought Win8 and installed it. DCS World ran beautifully, and so did X-Plane10, but then I was unable to get P3D working ok, then FSX and even MS FLIGHT - never tested ELITE because I soon reverted back to Win 7 Home Premium 64 bit.

I am not using FSX or P3D anymore , but I do not want to get back because it would be a whole of a trouble migrating all I have meanwhile set and works beautifully in Win7 to Win8... Also, since I even upgraded to ELITE v8.6, and I believe it is not yet fully functional in Win8, I can't abandon Win7...

Regarding this Wordliner 777, systems-wise I believe it is probably the most advanced ad-on for X-Plane10 right now. I do not own the NEO Airbus, and I do have and really like Peter's A380, Peter's bus systems are far from the actual Airbus (less the excellent work he did with the flight dynamics, engine modeling  and stability augmentation / fbw systems withing the confines of X-Plane10 !!!)

Main Simulation Rig:

Regarding this Wordliner 777, systems-wise I believe it is probably the most advanced ad-on for X-Plane10 right now. .......

What is the sound (engine and environmental sounds such as gear down, spoilers, wind noise, etc.) like in this latest version?

Thanks, Bruce.

What is the sound (engine and environmental sounds such as gear down, spoilers, wind noise, etc.) like in this latest version?

I think they've improved a great deal. The sounds were updated in v1.5 and now sound a lot more realistic although I think they could replace the flaps deployment 'foghorn' sounds as they're aren't too great. Since v1.5.1 they've added a V1 callout and an MCP altitude alert sound (something I've REALLY been wanting them to include for a long time).

If you're still not happy with the sounds you can download custom sound sets for the engines, flap deployment etc. on the xplane.org site. I personally just use the ones for the flaps sounds now.

I like this update! :) Glad it has been released, I remember the moment when I got the 777-300ER though! Damn! Haha