Sign in to follow this  
FIVE-BY-FIVE

777 version 1.51 Released

I tend to call that  "controller disconnect glitch" an example of instability :-)

But yes, early this year I bought Win8 and installed it. DCS World ran beautifully, and so did X-Plane10, but then I was unable to get P3D working ok, then FSX and even MS FLIGHT - never tested ELITE because I soon reverted back to Win 7 Home Premium 64 bit.

Yes good point. It's irritated me enough to no longer use FSX in Win 8. I've read that P3D isn't as susceptible to the problem but can still occur.

Unfortunately in my situation I moved to an SSD and was forced to reinstall the OS realising that my MS TechNet subscription expired 2 yrs ago and no longer owned a valid license for Win 7 Pro, my brother was able to provide me with a Win 8 license instead. If I want to go back to Win 7 I'll have to go out and buy it, other option is to go back to Vista *shudder*...

I think they've improved a great deal. The sounds were updated in v1.5 and now sound a lot more realistic although I think they could replace the flaps deployment 'foghorn' sounds as they're aren't too great. Since v1.5.1 they've added a V1 callout and an MCP altitude alert sound (something I've REALLY been wanting them to include for a long time).

If you're still not happy with the sounds you can download custom sound sets for the engines, flap deployment etc. on the xplane.org site. I personally just use the ones for the flaps sounds now.

Thanks.

Off topic but having recently reinstalled FSX on Win 8 I too suffered missing controller syndrome. After googling the problem I found the answer was to use FSUIPC for ALL joystick commands. Once set up it works great providing you avoid opening the FSUIPC interface when flying. Even the hat switch panning can be set up through that. Download Classic Shell to give you a Win 7-style Start menu and no need to ever go back to Win 7!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk 2