Sign in to follow this  
captain420

Looking for photo scenery for Hawaii's Big Island

I am trying to complete the Hawaiian Islands region and so far I have the following add-ons for it:

FSDT Honolulu Airport

FSDT Hawaiian Vol 1 and 2 Airports

Megascenery Oahu (Hawaii)

Newport Scenery Maui

Newport Scenery Kaui

Newport Scenery Molokai

Newport Scenery Lanai

Aerosoft Dillingham X

That pretty much covers a majority of the region, however I can't seem to find any photo scenery for The Big Island. Does anyone know where I may find one?

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

I think there is a lack of source data (at least free data).  There's some around Hilo though.

scott s.

Newport Scenery Maui
Newport Scenery Kaui
Newport Scenery Molokai
Newport Scenery Lanai

How good are these? are they as good as Mega scenery O'ahu?

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

Yup I would say they are pretty good. Although I wish there would be a MegaSceneryEarth v2.0 that covers the ENTIRE Hawaiian regions. But this will do for now.

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

MegaSceneryEarth v2.0 that covers the ENTIRE Hawaiian regions

I am not sure I'd want that.. without night options and no autogens? Hmmm,.....  I much prefer what they have for O'ahu.  However, we could use the autogens from their current O'ahu and merge it with a higher resolution O'ahu then that may work.

But Hawaii without autogens means I have to just fly over it and not land. :)

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

True, I didn't think about the autogen. I also like autogen layed on top of photo real, gives a much more realistic and immersive feel than without.

You are missing Kahoolawe, Niihau and Lehua islands. They are all available. I think here or on lock on files. Did you get the Maui add-on that adds Harbors, Resorts and POI's. Josh

CPU: Intel i9-11900K @5.2 / RAM: 32GB DDR4 3200 / GPU: 4080 16GB /

I got Niihau on here, where is Lehua and Kahoolawe? I couldn't find those. I believe I got the Oahu and Maui add-on from here.but could you link me those. I'd love to complete my Hawaii region. :)

There's a freeware photoreal for Maui that I found on YouTube - they're making one for the Big Island although it may take some time.

More information about this photoreal for The Big Island please! :)

Thanks Josh! Wish I knew about these before I purchased the Newport Scenery. :( I wonder how this compares to it. Looks fantastic for freeware so far.

Thanks Josh! Wish I knew about these before I purchased the Newport Scenery. :( I wonder how this compares to it. Looks fantastic for freeware so far.

Did you get the links to work ? they all came up dead for me.

I finished downloading them all, I used the mediafire links. However where is Lehua island, I don't see that anywhere. Also whose making The Big Island?

I finished downloading them all, I used the mediafire links. However where is Lehua island, I don't see that anywhere. Also whose making The Big Island?

I think Lehua island is part of Niihau. I think the same guy is making it. What program did you use to un zip Josh

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?74622-FSX-Hawaii-Scenery&p=772530&viewfull=1#post772530