Sign in to follow this  
agent_k

NGX sound problem

Hi, I've just installed the NGX and the sp1c on my new pc on w7 64bit, it's completely a new thing compared to my old q6600 and xp, but I have a problem with the sounds, I can only hear the engine sounds, no switches or ambience sounds, in fact when I shut down the engines, with the apu up and running, I don't hear anything, I seem to have already read about a similar problem, but I don't remamber if it was on this forum or somewhere else

As its a new computer I would check the settings of your sound card that it's correct for the amount of speakers 5.1 or 7.1 etc. Check the sound options in the FMC (PMDG Setup/ Options /sound). Also try pressing the Q key twice in FSX, that's suppose to cure lots of sound problems

I've got the speaker integrated into the monitor, so what should I check?

I've got the speaker integrated into the monitor, so what should I check?

To be honest, I'm not really sure with a setup like that, I thought you would have remote speakers such as a 5.1 setup. An intergrated speaker maybe your problem as not enough channels for the different sound effects, though I'm certainly no expert on that kind of thing.

problem solved after the installation of directx runtime, thank you

Glad you got it fixed. And thank you for coming back and letting us know what solved it. So many people just don't bother, leaving nought but frustration in their wake when someone with a similar issue locates the thread in a search only to find all the symptoms and none of the solutions.

Glad you got it fixed. And thank you for coming back and letting us know what solved it. So many people just don't bother, leaving nought but frustration in their wake when someone with a similar issue locates the thread in a search only to find all the symptoms and none of the solutions.

I would come back anyway, I just moved from Rome, Italy, to Jerez de la Frontera, Southern Spain, to begin an ATPL frozen course, and I travelled by car, so it took me a while to be up and running again ;)