Sign in to follow this  
airernie

Aircraft accelerates, but won't move.

I downloaded and installed the OpusFSX demo yesterday.  I then started the FSXSERVER component followed by FSX.

For some reason the trike will accelerate and spin it's tires, but move forward.  In other words, it just sits on the ground.. Same thing with my Carenado C172. 

That was the true whether I started OpusFSX or FSX first.

Now, the ultimate solution may be to just buy it, so that I have longer than 10 minutes to play with it before it quits, but I would really rather understand why it is doing what it is before I go though the purchase and possibly return process.

Thanks,

Ernie

Ernest Pergrem

Please read the Getting Started Guide for Single PCs. It sounds like you are running the FSXCLIENT program on your FSX machine. You must ONLY run the FSXSERVER program by itself as the client program is for networked clients and works by placing FSX in freeze mode. The other possibility is that you have both EZCA and Opus Live Camera interface enabled.

Stephen

Someone else had the same problem and said he wasn't sure how exactly he fixed it but "after uninstalling EZDOK I had to go into my saved flight file for FSX and clean it out.  After doing that everything was good"

http://www.simforums.com/forums/after-setting-up-cameras-plane-wont-move_topic46242_post278899.html#278899

If you are using EZDOK then try running their "Restore" function to restore all camera views to FSX default, otherwise EZCA camera definitions are not removed from the aircraft config files.

Cheryl

Thanks for the help.

I wasn't running FSXCLIENT, but I did have the run weather on client checkbox (or whatever it's called) checked.  That apparently was enough.

Got it all going, but 8 minutes isn't enough time for me to do a sufficient evaluation.  I may have to do the buy from Flight1 so I can spend a bit more time with it.  It sucks, but there just isn't enough weather injection going on to compare it to REX.

Ernie

Ernest Pergrem

Try the latest beta, you can use that in demo mode if you wish. If you purchase OpusFSX then we have a 30 day refund policy so you've got nothing to loose. The beta has some nice new features such as our new Live Weather Assistant maps for visibility, precipitation and cloud cover. I'm sure you won't be disappointed!

Cheryl