Sign in to follow this  

Playsim VFR Scotland Central DVD problems?

Hi All, I am experiencing exactly the same problem while trying to install VFR volume 8 Scotland south.  I have just inserted disc 7 (the final disc) after about 70+ hours of none stop (even by getting up 3 or 4 times during each night to check on the installation process) installing.

At first, I thought there was something wrong with disc 1 however, after cleaning it thoroughly the extremely slow process continued, so I would start again by cleaning the disc thoroughly, turning off Kaspersky, unplugging the router and turning off anything that could place my PC into screensaver or standby, but this made no difference at all, and trying to contact PlaySims or Horizon was futile.

I already have all the latest scenery for England and Wales from Horizon/PlaySims and all the airports for the same from UK2000 and Aerosoft, I also have installed Treescapes and not to forget FS Global Ultimate, all installed and running without any issues, so what is causing this PlaySims version 8 to install so unbelievably slow?

I just hope when this the 'final disc' finishes installing probably in about 12 hours, I don't have any problems with FSX because of it.

If you do, copy the contents to a temporary folder on the hard disk, and install it from there. You must be the most patient man in the world to have been plugging away at this for 70+ hours :O

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

It's a shame they have NOT fixed this issue yet, or better yet make their products available for download ... I've downloaded over 1TB worth of MSE photo scenery without any issues so in this "modern era", I'd expect scenery to be available as download option rather than on dinosaur era DVD ;)

Rob

Re: Long loading times.  I have just bought a new lappy running Windows 8.1 and hit exactly the same problems as previously mentioned when trying to install GenX V3.

After several aborted attempts at installation listening to the DVD chugging along in the drive (and becoming more and more convinced that I had a faulty DVD drive), I followed up on Rob Ainscoughs' suggestion and disabled Autoplay.

Et Voila!!!  Mr Ainscough, I take my hat off to you Sir. I have no idea how you stumbled across that particular work-around but it certainly did the trick for me. All three volumes installed in one hour.  A success methinks!!

Thank You Rob.

Rather than start a new thread, was just wondering what could be the issue with my Scotland S install. The whole of the Edinburgh region is under water? The scenery is noticeable on the high ground so it has installed but no idea why the region is waterlogged

Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

Keith Sandford.

It could be due to a conflict with other scenery packages eg UTX, ORBX. Do you have any of these installed?

Or it could be that the VFR scenery didn't install properly. I have experienced this with Horizon scenery when large areas of water appeared where there should have been none. The solution was simply to reinstall the scenery software