Sign in to follow this  
captain420

FTX Night/Day Light: When to use or not

I'm confused on when I should use the day or night. I've read that FTX Night = FSX Default setting? Usually I just select that and keep it on FTX Night, whether flying day or night. Does this affect only FTX Regions/Airports? For instance if I was to fly in Hong Kong, would having FTX Night mode enabled have any performance effect on my machine?

I am using UTX USA and Europe for the Night Lights and want to know if i enable FTX Day mode, and fire up FSX, set the time to night time, will I still have UTX night lights working?

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

I'm confused on when I should use the day or night. I've read that FTX Night = FSX Default setting? Usually I just select that and keep it on FTX Night, whether flying day or night. Does this affect only FTX Regions/Airports? For instance if I was to fly in Hong Kong, would having FTX Night mode enabled have any performance effect on my machine?

I am using UTX USA and Europe for the Night Lights and want to know if i enable FTX Day mode, and fire up FSX, set the time to night time, will I still have UTX night lights working?

FTX Day disables FTX regions night lighting, that is 3D lights. I've understood that it doesn't affect specific addon airports in any way, only regions "autogen lights". By disabling lights for the day time you can gain several FPS. If you are using UTX lighting, you should disable FTX lights all the way when flying on those areas or you may of course adopt FTX lights and turn UTX lights off. You can put both on, but it creates quite much 3D lights and drags your FPS too much. That is at least how I recall it was back in the day when I was testing with night lighting and FSX.

"Thegrunt" is right about the lighing of the regions (FTX SAK, NRM, SCT,...). The new lighting of FTXGlobal is different. It is supposed to have close to zero impact on perfromance. However, switching the lighing to on, you will see the light bulbs also in daylight - when you can liver with that, no problem. If you know that you only fly in daylight, switch it off (and it wont come on even when it gets dark). So it is not a question of performance, but a question of having the lights turned on in daylight.

Regards,
Chris Volle

i7700k @ 4,7, 32gb ram, Win10, MSI GTX1070.

Ok so if i switch FTX lights to off, and fly at night, shouldnt my UTX lights still light up though?

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

When you have them enabled and fly in these areas yes. (They have also a great impact on performance, maybe you could check what has less of an effect)

Regards,
Chris Volle

i7700k @ 4,7, 32gb ram, Win10, MSI GTX1070.

I might as well turn off ftx lights completely, since I am using UTX for night lighting.

I might as well turn off ftx lights completely, since I am using UTX for night lighting.

I'd still try FTX lighting when flying on those areas: they may fit better to scenery and offer better performance. Costs nothing to test which is better for visuals and performance.