Sign in to follow this  
jjmp

CARENADO CT206H G1000 EXTENSION PACK HD SERIES for FSX/P3D RELEASED

Hi Ron,

They say the best beta testers are the paying public. Here is a shot of a modified G-ASVW texture. I have changed the textures from DXT5 to a 32 bit texture which to me is much sharper. Another thing that they missed on the main version was have a look at the pilots trouser (open the door first) now on mine he was wearing dark blue jeans with was looks like a light blue stripe down the leg when having a looking at the texture for this they seemed to have missed out painting the seam of the jeans hense the blue stripe. I have re-done this as well so he is now wearing a pair of light coloured jeans.

2013_7_27_20_17_0_985.jpg

2013_7_27_20_17_26_835.jpg

God! I thought I was picky! I can safely say I have never looked at another guy's trousers! Perhaps they were just very cheap jeans? :biggrin:

The steam version is the one worth having, it is really good.. B)

+1 (if I'm ever able to fly it for more than an hour and a half!)

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

This what happens when you have been Military Instructor for some 15 years, you seem to look for the small things that don't look right - PAYING ATTENTION TO DETAIL

I have changed the textures from DXT5 to a 32 bit texture which to me is much sharper.

Does that also improve the shimmering of the rivets in the outside view?  Do you add mipmaps?

And what file format do you end up with?  bmp or dds

Bert

How do you change the textures on this plane to the sharper one?

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

Does that also improve the shimmering of the rivets in the outside view?  Do you add mipmaps?

And what file format do you end up with?  bmp or dds

Hi Bert,

Bert I think changing to 32bit mproves the shimmering of the rivits, I don't use any mipmap when saving and I save the textures as DDS 888-8 32bits I have use the extended version but I am more than happy with DDS.

Hi Guys,

Just got this package and notice a little problem. When applying the wheel chocks etc the two air intake covers dont show so I did some searching and noticed that the aircrafts config for G-SAVW is wrong they have the texture numbers in the wrong section so you will need to change the 5 to a 6 and the 6 to a 5 and all works fine.

I just got it and had the same problem. It also causes the textures for the models to get swapped, so if you select G-ASVW you get the exterior for N4872W and vice-versa.

Come on Carenado, for God's sake. This add-on comes with two liveries and you couldn't even be bothered to make sure they load correctly.. It took me about 0.5 seconds to notice that the wrong livery was loading. It's a minor issue that's easy to fix, but stuff like this really gives customers a bad impression of the products.

Asus Prime X370 Pro / Ryzen 7 3800X / 32 GB DDR4 3600 MHz / Gainward Ghost RTX 3060 Ti
MSFS / XP

Hi,

I'm considering to buy the 206 including the G1000 add-on.

How is the navdata of the G1000 updated?

Egbert

System: AMD 7800X3D - X670 Mobo - RTX 4090 - 32GB 6000MHz DDR5 - Corsair RM1000x PSU - 2 x 2TB SSD - 32" 1440p Display - Windows 11

Hi,

I'm considering to buy the 206 including the G1000 add-on.

How is the navdata of the G1000 updated?

Egbert

The G1000 is a re-packaged FSX G1000.. no updatable data and very little in terms of function.

The basic C206 is nice, however.  Especially when you add the RXP GNS530 to the panel.

If you want a good G1000 equipped Cessna, I would suggest getting the Flight1 C182T.

Bert

Hi Bert,

Thanks for the info! A no-go for me then.....

Going to check the C182T

Egbert

System: AMD 7800X3D - X670 Mobo - RTX 4090 - 32GB 6000MHz DDR5 - Corsair RM1000x PSU - 2 x 2TB SSD - 32" 1440p Display - Windows 11

Could someone tell me how to get the NavData thats shown on page 12 of the manuel? I can use the trip manager to get a programed flight but I CANNOT program it from the G1000. If someone would fill me in on how it works after page 12, please let me know.

Also I swapped the texture notes around for Fltsim 5 and 6 and the little red plugs do NOT show when it's in Cold & Dark mode. I get the wheel chocks and pitiot tube flags and the flag for the red plugs but the red plugs are not showing.

Am I being too optimistic?

Joe W

Well .... The above post has been up for going on 3 days now and there is no answers yet. I'll just look for answers some where else.

Thanks

Joe W.

What the manual say? I dont have the Carenado G1000 but do have the Flight One and Mindstar. I was under the understanding the carenado G1000 is basically a default G1000 which doesn't allow flight plans to be directly entered or manipulation of the flight plan. It must be loaded from the default FSX flight plan. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Hi Joe, I did not see your post until this morning.   I will have to go back and look at page 12 (G1000 Manual?),  I thought that manual flight planning on this aircraft was similar to the TBM 850 using FSX default database and a more current database.    I installed My RXP GNS 530 as a popup for flight planning & approaches.   The NAV database for this is still not current but at least it is newer than the default FSX one.

Mike

I've done some more research on this and it is a re-purposed default G1000. But still the Carenado manuel shows that page 21 and I can't get that up. Yes the default G1000 is not supposed to be programable except for local trips or nearest as the GPS is.

So ..... I guess I'll just be satisified with what I have.

Thanks Guys.

Joe W