Sign in to follow this  
tazz

FTX GLOBAL - New 3D Lights

They got it right and didn't have to delay it to do it.

Earlier light shots weren't that good.

This is amazing, and on a global scale to which will cover the entire earth! Looks like I will be shutting down UTX's night light for good! The lighting in FTX Global looks a lot better! Wow.

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

I wonder what the frame rate cost will be.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

So all we will have to do is disable or "uncheck" the night lighting in UTX?

I wonder what the frame rate cost will be.

Very little. It's done differently then UTX or the old Orbx regions.

JV said they perform a magnitude better.

So all we will have to do is disable or "uncheck" the night lighting in UTX?

Yes

Fps hit seems to be minimal but minimal can be huge on some PC's so we'll see. This new light system also eliminates the use of the day/night swticher because the lights are turned on and off automatically. (The swticher was needed because Orbx noticed FSX left the lights on all day...). It will be implemented in new upcoming regions (starting with Norway South and also maybe in both Ireland regions already) and existing FTX regions will be updated somewhere in 2014.

Will the new 3D lights cause any problems for people running mutilpe monitors with The Wide View Aspect=True? I have to modify the halo.bmp so the lights are correct at airports and I know that FTX Global will not use halo.bmp. I would hate to buy the product to find out my setup causes the light to be huge.

Tim Curtis

MSFS2020, i7-9900k 5.0Ghz, 32GB Ram, Nvidia 3080, 48" LG OLED CX

Will the new 3D lights cause any problems for people running mutilpe monitors with The Wide View Aspect=True? I have to modify the halo.bmp so the lights are correct at airports and I know that FTX Global will not use halo.bmp. I would hate to buy the product to find out my setup causes the light to be huge.

No. They aren't using the traditional method to render these. Someone asked that on their forums.

Could you please tell us how you modified the halo.bmp  files to be a smaller size?

Thanks a lot,

Howard

Howard

Jetline Systems: Intel 8th Gen Core i7 8700K (4.8GHz Overclock); GTX 1080 Ti; LG Curved UltraWide 3440x1440 Monitor

Wow speechless at those shots! ...... beautiful :cool:

Guys just to confirm.. What will happen to the rest of the FTX installations(EU,NW,AU) ? Will they be covered in Global pack?

1y329d.jpg

Guys just to confirm.. What will happen to the rest of the FTX installations(EU,NW,AU) ? Will they be covered in Global pack?

How do you mean exactly...? They will fit in nicely with FTX Global. FTX Global comes with a so called hybrid mode which makes all installed FTX regions active at once, so no more need to switch them on and off. You will miss a few things but they are minor and most people won't notice the difference, so I've been told.