Sign in to follow this  
r0drig0

How to increase AI taxi speed in FSX?

Just another quick question from a FSX newcomer..

I remember that FS9 had a couple of programs that we could increase taxi speed that in the MSFS is desperately 

slow, specially after landing. 

Is there a program similar to FSX? 

Thank you!

FlusiFix-2006 V5.0

http://www.wolfgang-picheta.de/

Current system: ASUS PRIME Z690-P D4, Intel 12900k, 32GB RAM @ 3600mhz, Zotac RTX 3090 Trinity, M2 SSD, Oculus Quest 2.

where has this been all my fsx life? brilliant

Yes, it is the swiss army knife for fsx.

I use this too, for realism.

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/363969-a-fix-for-5-minute-ai-timeout-limit-for-fsx-sp2-finally/

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

I use it, it's ok. Not that flexible as the taxi speed is default or 30kts. 30kts is ok to clear the runway but is too fast at a small ga airfield.

• Like 1

-Iain Watson-

I reverted back to default taxi speed, it's unrealistic. When you look at the airport from above it's hilarious how fast planes are taxing to the runway, like their butts are on fire. :lol:

Also, the congestion is not cleared with this tweak. Only advantage is when you are in hurry, you can taxi at 30kts behind AI planes.

• Like 1

Current system: ASUS PRIME Z690-P D4, Intel 12900k, 32GB RAM @ 3600mhz, Zotac RTX 3090 Trinity, M2 SSD, Oculus Quest 2.

Well, it is a personal issue. But it drives me crazy when tower clears me to final and I am the number 2 for landing.

Then, the aircraft in front of me lands and looks like takes an eternity to turn to the taxiway and clear the runway. Usually tower orders go around. 

I rarely experienced that. Try AISmooth, it is a freeware. I'm not sure does taxi speed affects how fast AI planes will exit the runway.

• Like 1

I reverted back to default taxi speed, it's unrealistic. When you look at the airport from above it's hilarious how fast planes are taxing to the runway, like their butts are on fire. :lol:

Also, the congestion is not cleared with this tweak. Only advantage is when you are in hurry, you can taxi at 30kts behind AI planes.

ROFL

ZORAN

On 7/26/2013 at 6:47 PM, Pe11e said:

I rarely experienced that. Try AISmooth, it is a freeware. I'm not sure does taxi speed affects how fast AI planes will exit the runway.

Hello could you please share a link for Ai smooth?

On 11/28/2021 at 12:23 AM, pseazel said:

Hello could you please share a link for Ai smooth?

https://flyawaysimulation.com/downloads/files/1645/fsx-aismooth/

• Like 1

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

On 7/26/2013 at 12:47 PM, Pe11e said:

AiSmooth is very nice to good sequence to landing, not in ground. But in the air, very good.