Sign in to follow this  
Manny

Thai Creations - Mumbai, India is out

PERMANENT FIX?

With the latest ORBX Vector update, you can run a configurator where you can disable airport elevation corrections.  I did this for VABB and VAJJ, and also for the latest Taxi2Gate LTBA, which was also appearing with elevation errors.

Everything is working fine without having to modify any of the files in the ThaiCreations installation.  

I hope this works for everyone.

LUIS LINARES

Processor: Intel Core i9 6700K 9900K (5.0 GHz Turbo) Eight Core; CPU Cooling: NXXT Kraken X62 280mm CPU Liquid Cooler; System Memory: 64GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM @ 3200 MHz, RGB; Graphics Processor: 11GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 Ti, GDDR6, Primary Drive: 2TB Samsung 850 Pro Solid State Drive (SSD)

This project looks very nice and is one that I have been eyeballing for purchase.  I use FSGenesis and the current elevation anomaly is a definite deal breaker for now.  As soon as confirmation arrives that it is resolved I will head over to Simmarket. 

Ryan Kelly

Are other people not finding that Alex's fix solved the elevation issues? I bought this after the fix was announced (because it fixed the problem) and have never had an elevation problem. I'm using FTX Global, incidentally.

Don't get confused with the OTHER issue Alex tried to fix, with the ILS glideslope for Runway 27. That is not fixed yet but is, IMHO, a smaller issue.

James

Luis_KMIA i tried your suggestion by disabling the airport elevation from the configurator but there is no change and the problem still stands... 

Luis_KMIA i tried your suggestion by disabling the airport elevation from the configurator but there is no change and the problem still stands...

vickyj20, you might want to try the fix linked in post#77 of this thread. Alex completely sorted the elevation issues with that fix.

The incorrect PAPIs for RWY27 are an issue but in no way stop you from enjoying the airport, unlike the elevations problem that existed earlier.

Needless to say, the fix has allowed me to regularly fly in and out of this airport. Thanks again, Alex!

there is no difference,  absolutely no difference...is there a way to install this product along with alex's fix and disabling the vector airport elevation..or what? 

please help me out guys..

The fix isn't part of the scenery as it wasn't gifted to us by the developer (which they should have but that's another tangent we all can ramble on..). It was provided by another user of the forums and needs to be applied after you have installed the scenery using the installer it came with.

I have ORBX Vector and applying the patch Alex posted above makes the airport sit perfectly without needing to touch anything in Vector configuration tool. So, no you shouldn't need to use both but you can try if that helps you (if you have Vector installed).

Maybe you can post a screenshot of what the airport looks like in your sim and someone here can figure out if it's the problem we all faced earlier or if it's something entirely different.

Great work Alex, magnificent.  Your fix has worked for me as well (no FTX Global or Vector).

Tim

Just downloaded the fix Alex kindly provided, do I just take the two files and paste them into the existing VABB scenery folder, I have tried it but still have the same problem.

Thanks

I have sent simmarket a ticket and have had it redfunded, lesson learnt to never purchase from this developer, stick to the reputable ones like Flytampa, Aerosoft, UK2000,

Well, one of my friends also has same problem even after fix. I'm trying to understand why it's happening and will try to provide solution for that.

By the way, I think that PAPI lights problem is solved, but I need to check it again before distributing it. Hopefully, I will be able to test it again in beginning of next week, cause currently I'm really busy with another scenery.

My altitude problems returned with FTX Vector 1.15.  But I was able to fix it by disabling ABP_VABB.bgl located in the folder Microsoft Flight Simulator X\ORBX\FTX_VECTOR\FTX_VECTOR_APT\scenery

Just FYI for anyone using Vector and VABB.

Despite the great quality of the scenery, I'm still extremely disappointed at the deaf customer support from Thai Creations.

LUIS LINARES

Processor: Intel Core i9 6700K 9900K (5.0 GHz Turbo) Eight Core; CPU Cooling: NXXT Kraken X62 280mm CPU Liquid Cooler; System Memory: 64GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM @ 3200 MHz, RGB; Graphics Processor: 11GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 Ti, GDDR6, Primary Drive: 2TB Samsung 850 Pro Solid State Drive (SSD)