Sign in to follow this  
Jacoba

Carenado PA46 Mirage, more pics...

Looks good!  I wonder if it  will also have the G1000.  I like the way Carenado sets up their version of the G1000

It will likely have what the Piper PA46T Malibu Jetprop DLX has which is a Garmin G500, its like the little brother to the G1000 and I like it alot, the only problem with the PA46T Jetprop is that fact you can tell the aircraft was not made for a high powered turboprop and it will overspeed on you like its nothing.

8414713730_2947d4201c_n.jpg

Looking great - I love the Mirage, so going to pick this one up!

Looks good!  I wonder if it  will also have the G1000.  I like the way Carenado sets up their version of the G1000

Wow, I so don't like Carenado's G1000;  too large a performance hit with so little functionality above the default FSX G1000, IMHO.

Perhaps they'll do what they did with the 206;  steam gauge first, with G1000 as optional extra.

the only problem with the PA46T Jetprop is that fact you can tell the aircraft was not made for a high powered turboprop and it will overspeed on you like its nothing.

It's a fun challenge IMO. However the 170 KIAS restriction is quite limiting sometimes. You really need to get up to the flight levels as fast as you can so it can stretch its legs. With the piston Malibu, you will be able to enjoy the scenery at lower altitudes without worrying about overspeeding or fuel burn.

Wow, I so don't like Carenado's G1000;  too large a performance hit with so little functionality above the default FSX G1000, IMHO.

Have you tried the G1000 in the 206 or TBM 850? The SR22 and 182T were terrible, but they have improved FPS with their latest releases while also adding some functionality.

Asus Prime X370 Pro / Ryzen 7 3800X / 32 GB DDR4 3600 MHz / Gainward Ghost RTX 3060 Ti
MSFS / XP

Have you tried the G1000 in the 206 or TBM 850? The SR22 and 182T were terrible, but they have improved FPS with their latest releases while also adding some functionality.

To be absolutely fair Jimmi, no.  I'm still basing my view on regretted SR22 and T182 purchases! 

I just recently found Carenado is going to release this aircraft.  I've been waiting for a factory built pressurized piston from them for a long time.  The Mirage will be a great addition to have.  And I think people will be pleasantly surprised when they see what type of panel will be included.  I suspect Carenado's been reading our thoughts and wishes about what we like best.

John

Whats the difference between this one and the current Malibu?

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

This one looks shorter.  Also it is looking like it will have the Avidine panel.

Current one is a turboprop. This is a piston. Lower level this piston version will go faster than the TP. But it won't be able to go as fast into the FL's.

Also I hope it has RXP integration.

Lookin good.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Looks like its G500 again

Hoping the mindstar 430/530 will play nice with it

It could be just a large attitude indicator with HSI....  check out this reference picture....

The two rocker switches appear to line up in this photo and on their FB vc pics...

http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r43/ryanbatc/cockpit.jpg~original

p.s.  Does anyone know why I can't link photobucket pics anymore?  Everytime I try to use the IMG html code this forum says "This extension not permitted" or something similar...

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

True, I was just on an iPhone so probably couldn't really see close enough, couldn't zoom in for some reason.

Looks like its G500 again

Hoping the mindstar 430/530 will play nice with it

This is out already?

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

No just looking at Facebook pics on the Carenado page