Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

FTX-Global....Fantastic!

You can back these up onto an external drive if you have one.

Ok, but which files are affected?

I sure hope with that massive amount of textures being put into/overwritten fsx during install that you all are doing a defrag

Sent from Samsung Galaxy Note 2

Unless you run an SSD.

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 4.2 32 gig ram, Nvidia RTX3060 12 gig, Intel 760 SSD M2 NVMe 512 gig, M2NVMe 1Tbt (OS) M2NVMe 2Tbt (MSFS) Crucial MX500 SSD (Backup OS). VR Oculus Quest 2

YouTube:- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC96wsF3D_h5GzNNJnuDH3WQ   ProATC/SR and BATC FB Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/1571953959750565

Flight Simulator First Officer User Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/564880128522788 ProATC/SR and Flight Sim First Officer (FSFO) Beta tester

Reality Is For People Who Can't Handle Simulation!

Hooray!  Hooray!   We are back at 28-29 FPS!

Mitch, so what do you recommend.  Should I be uninstalling GEX first?  How about UTX, do I need to change it's status to Inactive first maybe?

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

ORBX GLOBAL has made FSX world-wide, grown up. 

A happy GLOBAL customer.

I agree, the best FSX/P3D Scenery payware ever made :ph34r:  :Party:

Wow - reading all the positive reviews on here makes me wonder whether I should drop the bomb and get it....

....probably will. :happy:

Hooray! Hooray! We are back at 28-29 FPS! HOOOOOOOOOOOORAY!

I went into my scenic library and found that some UT files (landclass UTX) had been rewritten BELOW anything ORBX, Global or regional. I spent the time to bring everything up before any ORBX product, and then rebooted, did a fast defrag, and fired up my FBO. I'm now back to pre-Global Install....29 FPS!

Mitch

What do you mean "bring everything up before any Orbx product"? I have UTX so I want to know what you did. Can you please copy/paste how that part (just the Orbx and UTX section) of your cfg looks here?

Eric 

What do you mean "bring everything up before any Orbx product"? I have UTX so I want to know what you did. Can you please copy/paste how that part (just the Orbx and UTX section) of your cfg looks here?

You don't need to tweak anything in your scenery library.  

Few  questions ladies and pilots

Do i still need any of these after getting FTX Global

GEX,UTX, FsGlobal Ultimate

cheers

You can get these UTX, FsGlobal Ultimate but not GEX - global takes care of that.

I use UTX - FSGENESIS - GLOBAL

"What do you mean "bring everything up before any Orbx product"? I have UTX so I want to know what you did. Can you please copy/paste how that part (just the Orbx and UTX section) of your cfg looks here? "

Yah this is weird I think Global is suppose to be at the top of the list - UTX way below ?

Rich Sennett

spent the time to bring everything up before any ORBX product,

Orbx, you did your magic once more....and please....give thought to XPX,...what a great thing you could achieve on that platform in 64 bit.  Give it serious thought.....with thanks.

Mitch

Don't spend the time re-arranging your scenery library.  Get the free program SceneryConfig Editor 1.1.0.  You can re-arrange your scenery library in 5 minutes with it.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/fs-sceditor/files/V1.0/

I agree that FTX would be doing themselves and us a favor by converting FTX Global to X-Plane 10/64bit, but I doubt if they will listen.

I, for one, would buy it again.

You can get these UTX, FsGlobal Ultimate but not GEX - global takes care of that.

I use UTX - FSGENESIS - GLOBAL

"What do you mean "bring everything up before any Orbx product"? I have UTX so I want to know what you did. Can you please copy/paste how that part (just the Orbx and UTX section) of your cfg looks here? "

Yah this is weird I think Global is suppose to be at the top of the list - UTX way below ?

I think he means to move FTX Global down in priority within your scenery library, so that the UTX landclass is toward the top, probably putting your airport scenery on top of that.

I think he means to move FTX Global down in priority within your scenery library, so that the UTX landclass is toward the top

I think Global needs to be above UTX - correct me if I am wrong

Official directions:

openLC Scenery Library Entries

The openLC included with FTXG is contained in two initial folders inside the ORBX folder:
FTX_OLC\FTX_AA
FTX_OLC\FTX_EU1
These folders represent the base openLC folder (FTX_AA) and the first Europe folder (FTX_EU1) which contains
the Baltic States openLC demo. When you add more openLC products, more folders will be added to the
ORBX directory and also the Scenery Library.
If we look at the Scenery Library menu (FSX shown below; select Settings | Scenery Library) in this example we
can see two new entries added after the FTX Global installation. These entries are NOT tied to any Orbx FTX
folders like before, meaning you can move them up or down as you wish. This will allow our openLC landclass
to work in conjunction with other third party landclass products.
The simple rule to remember is that the highest priority in the Scenery Library always takes precedence, so if
you want a particular landclass product to override openLC or other products, just move it higher in the
Scenery Library.
IMPORTANT: You must always place the ORBX!OPENLC_BASE folder below all other ORBX!OPENLC* folders in
the scenery library, otherwise the fixes to SE Asia, Greece, Spain etc will not work correctly.

Rich Sennett

GEX replaced your default FSX textures with more optimized better performing textures.  This is why it is not in your Scenery Library.  I believe FTX Global will be listed in your Scenery Library which indicates it is standing alone and will trump out any default or GEX textures.

Best regards,

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Don't spend the time re-arranging your scenery library.  Get the free program SceneryConfig Editor 1.1.0.  You can re-arrange your scenery library in 5 minutes with it.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/fs-sceditor/files/V1.0/

I agree that FTX would be doing themselves and us a favor by converting FTX Global to X-Plane 10/64bit, but I doubt if they will listen.

I, for one, would buy it again.

I think he means to move FTX Global down in priority within your scenery library, so that the UTX landclass is toward the top, probably putting your airport scenery on top of that.

XPX is just too different in how it works. They don't use city tiles at all for example and autogen is based on vector data and not the texture tiles.

It's apples and oranges.

According to JV, the priority of UTX over FTXG in scenery library is unnecessary. He actually advised to move up just and only two of the FTXG SL entries to the top for the time being.

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |