Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

FTX-Global....Fantastic!

Guys, Please help me to know how scenery library priorities work? Do I need to do anything with it? (move up and down)

1y329d.jpg

fyi You should post a screenshot of what you have to help out

Rich Sennett

This is frustrating, I think I got same issue here, but i'm still confused.. I enabled ftx global, it put 2 different items into the scenery library. I ended up putting them on very top then, utx usa and Canada then airports, and  then the default fsx entries. Can someone enlighten me? I'm not home right now so I cannot try it but should I move the ftx global entries below the utx ones? I disabled the utx lighting. Thank you for any help.

Kacper Nowotynski

Top = Orbx

Next = Addon Airports

Next = UTX

Next = Default

This is without mesh and Landclass - you did not mention if you did

Rich Sennett

He's talking about the two OpenLC entries, which are landclass.  Orbx Global itself has no scenery library entry, since it's just replacing default textures.

for those two addons, if you have UTX you should place them between the utx urban and utx vegetation entries (though probably doesn't matter since UTX doesn't touch either area, I just put all my landclass there,  makes it easier to keep track)  If you don't have UTX, they should be above any default scenery, but below any detailed regions or airports you might have.

Top = Orbx

Next = Addon Airports

Next = UTX

Next = Default

This is without mesh and Landclass - you did not mention if you did

Well UTX comes with landclass doesnt it? I see an entry for it. Actually 3 different entries, custom, urban, vegetation then there is another one (europe only) should i group all these together? 

I downloaded the scenery configuration tool but it doesnt show me any of my addon scenery. Just the default.

Kacper Nowotynski

This is frustrating, I think I got same issue here, but i'm still confused.. I enabled ftx global, it put 2 different items into the scenery library. I ended up putting them on very top then, utx usa and Canada then airports, and  then the default fsx entries. Can someone enlighten me? I'm not home right now so I cannot try it but should I move the ftx global entries below the utx ones? I disabled the utx lighting. Thank you for any help.

This thing sounds like a beta installer.  To have to reconfigure this for each user (yes, no?) seems like something a good installer could do.

Noel

System:  9900K@5.0gHz@1.23v all cores, MSI MPG Z390M GAMING EDGE AC, Noctua NH-D15S w/ steady supply of 40-60F ambient air intake, Corsair Vengeance 32Gb LPX 3200mHz DDR4, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 2, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM 850W PSU, Win10 Pro, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frametime Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320NX, WT 787X

Well UTX comes with landclass doesnt it? I see an entry for it. Actually 3 different entries, custom, urban, vegetation then there is another one (europe only) should i group all these together? 

I downloaded the scenery configuration tool but it doesnt show me any of my addon scenery. Just the default.

Simply keep the OpenLC entries on top. You will want to use OpenLC wherever it is available anyway. You are making this more complicated than necessary, I think. ^_^ And there is no need at all to place them in between UTX also because that landclass doesn't overlap the OpenLC landclass anyway. And even if it would, you would want to use the OpenLC landclass.

I think I got this info from the ORBX forum, which is a shorter version of the actual answer. The following is how I have my scenery library and it seems to work just fine. I have a lot of the ORBX scenery, along with UTX USA and Ultimate Alaska X, so below is exactly what I have. The below is a quote:

"Your FTX Global entries (ORBX!OPENLC_EUROPE1 and ORBX!OPENLC_BASE) should be below your FTX EU ENG content.

FTX Regions go above FTX Global, as per Rob Newman's list.

So essentially, in terms of your FTX products it's

(Top)

FTX Airports

FTX Regions

FTX Global

UTX (if you use it)

Other scenery

Default FSX scenery"

If you have other addon scenery you may have to experiment a little by placing that addon scenery up or down on the list. I had an addon scenery that wouldn't show up until I put it at the top of the list. And, it didn't interfere with anything so it worked just fine there.

There's a lot of good info on the ORBX forum dealing with FTX Global and compatibility questions, for example UTX with FTX Global.

Hope this helps.....

Rod

Rod Beck

I found out for a fact , that all payware heavy scenery must be before even libs and other orbx. For example, FLightbeam KSFO must be on top or its scenery and buildings are really screwed up.