Sign in to follow this  
Tom Allensworth

DX10 Users Poll

DX10 User Poll  

860 members have voted

1. 1. Do You Use the DX10 Preview Mode in FSX?

• Yes, exclusively
    • No
    • I switch between DX10 and Standard Mode

I use DX10 mode most of the time.  Only when I am using an aircraft that will not show correctly in DX10 do I switch to non-DX10 mode

• Upvote 1

Funny to find this poll at this specific time since I just the other day for the first time tried out DX10 out of interest after the recent updates/fixes with fixed shaders etc.

My experience was quite good I should say...I was very happy with the thought of having FSX make use of my hardware in a better way compared to using DX9 and of course especially (or maybe exclusively?) my GTX 680 but unfortunately I still had too many issues with various objects not showing correctly so I was forced to go back to DX9. Objects I had problems with were

- IVAO MTL aircraft showing in white

- Aerosoft AES jetways and marshallers showing in white

- Addon airport sceneries showing airport/terminal buildings in pink

I'm really looking forward to a more complete fix/update and when available and the issues listed above are fixed I'll switch to DX10 on the spot until something even better comes out. Heard some interesting rumours about DX11 in Prepar3D...

Richard Åsberg

Migrated DX10 few moths ago, and I can't be happier with the perfomance. No single crash, OOM or stutter, smooth as a butter. Also 25 fps in DX10 is like 35fps in DX9.

When Steve finish that payware tool for fixing sceneries for DX10, all potential problems should go away.

Current system: ASUS PRIME Z690-P D4, Intel 12900k, 32GB RAM @ 3600mhz, Zotac RTX 3090 Trinity, M2 SSD, Oculus Quest 2.

I never use DX10.  FSX has enough issues without adding a partly implemented 'feature' to the mix...

DJ

Switched six months ago and never looked back. I just followed the instructions and it all work's perfectly. The new software should be out soon which will make switching and tweaking foolproof. I tried switching back to DX9 just for a comparison...it was horrific!

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 4.2 32 gig ram, Nvidia RTX3060 12 gig, Intel 760 SSD M2 NVMe 512 gig, M2NVMe 1Tbt (OS) M2NVMe 2Tbt (MSFS) Crucial MX500 SSD (Backup OS). VR Oculus Quest 2

YouTube:- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC96wsF3D_h5GzNNJnuDH3WQ   ProATC/SR FB Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/1571953959750565

Flight Simulator First Officer User Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/564880128522788 ProATC/SR and Flight Sim First Officer (FSFO) Beta tester

Reality Is For People Who Can't Handle Simulation!

I have the hardware support to try this but haven't yet.

I am awaiting the new payware tool to do the conversion to try it.

Regards

Graham

Not the miniscule number some have touted, is it?  Just under 48% either use DX10 exclusively or use it in conjunction with DX9.  These numbers are higher than I thought.  Surprising ... now if the 3rd party developers would take note.  These numbers will only grow, and when Steve Parsons finishes his all encompassing DX10 fix, the DX9 party will be over.

Dennis Trawick

Screen Shot Forum Rules

AVSIMSignature_zpsed110b13.jpg

Not the miniscule number some have touted, is it?

a total of 96 users is pretty miniscule - especially as self-selecting polls like these have little real value.

a total of 96 users is pretty miniscule - especially as self-selecting polls like these have little real value.

Statistically, its of great significance,

With all the addons I have DX9 give me OOM in about 5-19 minutes. 

The only open I issue I really have is, Even after refresh of the immediate local area, it drops the texture (I get black squares) when I turn here and there, and it reloads them after a while. Not sure if I get a better Video card with more memory that issue would go away. I have GTX 670FTW and  I have 3 X 24" + 1 19" monitor. Its a lot of stuff to throw out there.

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

Statistically, its of great significance,

200+ total replies from a membership of about 100,000 isn't of any significance statistically.

No, it's unfinished and causes all sorts of issues everywhere.

CASE: Louqe S1 MKIII CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4070 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

If Steve's DX10 fixer works as advertised, I will convert full time to DX10. Until that, going back and fourth is a click of a button so no biggie.

As for switching 9 to 10 and back? I have to have AA enabled in FSX for DX10 mode to use my drivers Super sample AA to work. I leave everything else the same.

It...... Just...... Works.

C.

200+ total replies from a membership of about 100,000 isn't of any significance statistically.

No, it's unfinished and causes all sorts of issues everywhere.

Well, maybe it's not statistically significant yet, but we already have almost 50% pollers saying that they use DX10. Among them, one third say they ONLY uses DX10.

I am one of them. I have been using DX9 for years, now after comparing both I will never get back to DX9 (using DX10 since a few months). Smooth, more FPS, better lighting system and colors, no memory problem, no crash, etc... I can live with the few remaining problems (missing textures for some add-ons) until Steve payware fix that also...

DX9 users, if you feel that you have a better option with your settings, it's your right and be happy with it. But a growing number of FSX users thinks otherwise.

Chris

So far I haven't, when I tried it didn't seem to give me too much advantage. 

However when the DX10 fix program comes out I will probably try again... In any case I will definitely make sure my future sceneries are fully DX10 compatible.