Sign in to follow this  
Tom Allensworth

DX10 Users Poll

DX10 User Poll  

860 members have voted

1. 1. Do You Use the DX10 Preview Mode in FSX?

• Yes, exclusively
    • No
    • I switch between DX10 and Standard Mode

I have not updated to 1.1.26 yet, but if all of what You have listed here turns out to work on my PC as well, then consider me to be one of the most happy simmers around!

Build 26 is a small increment but contained a tweak to the general shader that was important for me. 'Z fighting' (a gradient 'interference' pattern of light and shadow that shifts with changing angle of illumination in VC shadows) that appeared on surfaces here and there in the cockpit has been virtually eliminated.

13900K@5.8GHz - ROG Strix Z790-E - 2X16Gb G.Skill Trident DDR5 6400 CL32 - MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X - WD SN850X 2 TB M.2 - XPG S70 Blade 2 TB M.2 - MSI A1000G PCIE5 1000 W 80+ Gold PSU - Liam Li 011 Dynamic Razer case - 58" Panasonic TC-58AX800U 4K - Pico 4 VR  HMD - WinWing HOTAS Orion2 MAX - ProFlight Pedals - TrackIR 5 - W11 Pro (Passmark:12574, CPU:63110-Single:4785, GPU:50688)

Like wise, using DX10 was the only way I could get FSX to work, have now bought Steve's DX10 fixer and all seems fine

Since my reinstall two weeks ago, I swtiched to DX10, and I am so far really happy with it - so scratch one DX9 only vote and make that DX only B)

Statistically, its of great significance,

With all the addons I have DX9 give me OOM in about 5-19 minutes. 

The only open I issue I really have is, Even after refresh of the immediate local area, it drops the texture (I get black squares) when I turn here and there, and it reloads them after a while. Not sure if I get a better Video card with more memory that issue would go away. I have GTX 670FTW and  I have 3 X 24" + 1 19" monitor. Its a lot of stuff to throw out there.

I have the same issue with momentary black squares (tiles) flashing for a few seconds while some HD scenery loads (most noticable when panning around alot).. only happens around some payware airports like Latin VFR Miami and Dreamteam KDFW.. Other payware airports like Aerosoft PANC Anchorage seem ok.. Only does it with DX10, DX9 does not have the issue. Tried increasing the texturemax load and that helps a little bit, also running from the aerotheme alomg with increaseing the texture bandwith multiplier seems to decrease the amount of time it takes for the textures to "refresh", hence less time looking at the black squares.. hehe

P.S. I also have a GTX670 it's a EVGA with 4GB

Polls can be an effective method to determine the course a project may or should take.

However Poll wording is critical - It may be more prudent to ask, "Which version of Direct X do you use?"

The response would likely bring a more accurate cross section sampling, regardless of user orientation.

After months in DX10 mode with the Fixer, al that I can say is - never DX9 again, ever. If I must to switch back to DX9, I would probably remove FSX for good, seriously. Much better memory management in DX10, no annoying FPS problems after longer flight, especially on approach. Everything is smooth, stable and perfect. Viva La DX10!

Current system: ASUS PRIME Z690-P D4, Intel 12900k, 32GB RAM @ 3600mhz, Zotac RTX 3090 Trinity, M2 SSD, Oculus Quest 2.

Who created the poll, and is there a how-to create a poll here on Avsim?

Thanks,

Chas

My first sim flight simulator pD25zEJ.jpg

Take a ride to Stinking Creek! http://youtu.be/YP3fxFqkBXg Win10 Pro, GeForce GTX 1080TI/Rizen5 5600x  OCd,32 GB RAM,3x1920 x 1080, 60Hz , 27" Dell TouchScreen,TM HOTAS Warthog,TrackIR5,Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals HP reverbG2,Quest2