Sign in to follow this  
Pe11e

FSX Bloopers

I had one last night, it's pretty idiotic. :lol:

Fired up FSX, decided to fly Munich - Warsaw, made a flightplan, fired up FSCaptain...

On approach I noticed that I didn't got any vectors to intercept ILS, just cleared to land (using PFE). And I realised that I stupidly chose wrong destination airport (Babice GA airport) in the flightplan. Also on approach I've got a mechanical failure, Pitot tube blockage, due to a bird strike right after TO, but I didn't saw any anomaloes so I continued to the destination normally. So without airspeed readings, I was on final in front of short GA airfield, and on top of all I forgot to announce an emergency, damn.

Landed safely in my surprise, parked the plane and saw my lowest score in FSCaptain to date, not cool. :rolleyes:

How I managed to choose wrong airport without checking the flightplan is beyond my understandimg. :lol:

I bet that you have some pretty awesome bloopers too. ;)

Current system: ASUS PRIME Z690-P D4, Intel 12900k, 32GB RAM @ 3600mhz, Zotac RTX 3090 Trinity, M2 SSD, Oculus Quest 2.

Sure have, have landed at Newark instead of kjfk. I am sure i has happened in real life too.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

I just had a blooper.  Flying the Flight1 B200 on fseconomy back to Kelowna.  I'm climbing out on autopilot and pause the sim and watch a replay of my takeoff.  I come back to the cockpit, unpause, and woosh, full nose up, stall, I do realize I need to turn ap off, and manage to not spin and get flying again.  Fse passengers are never flying with me again lol.  So yeah, the autopilot tries to fly during the replay, and commanded full nose up trim.  Maybe turn the autopilot off during replays?

Sure have, have landed at Newark instead of kjfk. I am sure i has happened in real life too.

Why do you think it happened in RL too?

Current system: ASUS PRIME Z690-P D4, Intel 12900k, 32GB RAM @ 3600mhz, Zotac RTX 3090 Trinity, M2 SSD, Oculus Quest 2.

Had a little whoopsie a month or two back.  The ground crew has been severely disciplined!!

whoops_zps34fd7f80.jpg

Chris Sunseri

I've got one.

I was flying from Helsinki down to Heathrow in my Airbus X Extended. I took off, cleaned up after departure and starting rolling right to intercept my flight path, set CLB thrust and went on my way.

I went to go eat dinner, and when I returned, my aircraft was doing circles around the Helsinki airport. The autopilot wasn't ever turned on. So... needless to say, I just quit right there and Esc to the rescue. So that was fun.

One time in the NGX on a flight to Vegas I took off and couldn't get LNAV or VNAV to work and I sat there for literally 20 minutes looking in the manuals, only to look back at the screen and realize I never activated my flight plan. That was fun too. :/

Did a flight from Stuttgart to Innsbruck in the PMDG 737-800 NGX. thought i was pretty spun up on how to do a vnav approach. quick 30 min flight on VATSIM. get to the IAF and had tower told me to hold.  I couldn't (and still haven't figured out) how to program the holding pattern as its depicted on the approach plate. Got into holding, and didn't notice my altitude was set for the next segment of the approach and descended below the MSA.  still having my head inside trying to figure out how to get onto the proper holding patter, and run smack into the mountain.

I took off once with air stairs flapping of the rear exit not good lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

http://fs2crew.com/banners/Banner_FS2Crew_MJC_Supporter.png

Wayne HART

I bumped a while ago in the apparent flight model bug with Prepar3D, but same should be repeatable with FSX too, of course. I lost the control of the plane (I'm not 100% sure what it was, perhaps Piglet's freeware A-1J) in stall and got it in a weird, fast and tight spin, but the plane didn't want to drop to the ground when I released my controls. Instead, it spinned wildly in the air rolling practically around the horizontal axis through the center or gravity (or at least it seemed so). There it was in violent spin for a good while just a couple of thousand feet above the ground until I yanked my controls and finally got the plane crashing down. That was definitely one of those ##### moments with these sims and quite a sight outside of the aircraft.

Missing the vertical intercept for the glideslope and then having to do a maximum sink rate final. And this happened more than once.

My virtual pax certainly don't like this, but my superior piloting skills usually still make for a soft landing.

7950X3D + 6900 XT + 64 GB + Linux | 4800H + RTX2060 + 32 GB + Linux
My add-ons from my FS9/FSX days

Missing the vertical intercept for the glideslope and then having to do a maximum sink rate final. And this happened more than once.

My virtual pax certainly don't like this, but my superior piloting skills usually still make for a soft landing.

You need a giant pair of............... speedbrakes for that. :P

You need a giant pair of............... speedbrakes for that. :P

LoL.

I wouldn't even rate it as all that bold. Just use full speed brakes and pull back the throttle for a second or two and then recover.

7950X3D + 6900 XT + 64 GB + Linux | 4800H + RTX2060 + 32 GB + Linux
My add-ons from my FS9/FSX days

Took a nap yesterday while flying my MD-11 to Anchorage. Woke up to find "no destination" in FMC and not enough fuel to make it to an adequate airport.