Sign in to follow this  
fredlander

737 extended range versions:

Does PMDG have any plans of releasing the extended range variants of the 737ng with the hypothesized sp3 release after the T7?  The 737-900er is getting many orders from airlines today and is definitely worth being modeled by pmdg. 

Fred Miller

Well, personally I want to see PMDG release the 777-200LR first and the the 737NGX-MAX. But I agree your idea is a good one! :)

I want to see it for some B737 super long haul.

Just being curious here… what exactly is the sim. pleasure in the long haul flight?

You take off, climb, level out and then turn on A/P for the next X hours… I must be stupid as a door nail, but I fail to see the lure.

Just being curious here… what exactly is the sim. pleasure in the long haul flight?

You take off, climb, level out and then turn on A/P for the next X hours… I must be stupid as a door nail, but I fail to see the lure.

End up in a country on the other side of the world? I don't know.

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

Air Kevin 124 heavy, wind calm, runway 4 left, cleared for take-off.

Live streams of my flights here.

A bunch of reasons for different folks.

Following real world routes, doing interesting flights, etc etc..it's also better with online ATC especially when it's busy

I enjoy knowing that I took off in Los Angeles and landed down in Santiago or somewhere like that. It's just that it's a great feeling that you completed the flight in real time too. Plus, since I don't have any long haul aircraft, I need the ER 737 versions so I can do those kinds of flights.

Yeah a lot of us just enjoy that feeling, it's not everybody's thing.