Sign in to follow this  
captain420

Any good freeware FSX launchers that lets you load different fsx.cfg setups?

I was looking at a utility for FSX called FSX Go made by OrbX. Seems like a very useful app since I would like to have more than 1 fsx.cfg and use a certain one depending on the type of scenery or situation. Is there a freeware equivalent app like this that I can get for FSX? If not I'll just buy it. 

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

I use simlauncher for prepar3d but I'm certain it works in fsx too..I like it, it has tons of features like you can activate ORBX regions etc.

It's i the library here.

Also it gets updated regularly

Lee

Lee, thanks! Can you also modify certain tweaks inside different fsx.cfg files on the fly like OrbX's FSX Go though?

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

I know you can edit cfg's- aircraft, scenery etc- but ill confirm what your asking tomorrow.

Can I just ask what tweaks you change? Only reason is that you can save settings within FSX and then load them on the fly. Things like texture size and LOD radius etc

Gavin Price

Well it's kind of cumbersome to do this everytime i wanna fly using a certain scenery or setting. For instance there's times when I want to fly in super dense urban areas like NYC and LA, so I'd have to go in and adjust the LOD and Texture and a few other things. I dont want to manually do this each and everytime. And there's certain settings I use for flying FTX regions, and default regions as well. So I'd like to have multiple fsx.cfg files that I can quickly choose upon launching FSX to make things easier.

Well it's kind of cumbersome to do this everytime i wanna fly using a certain scenery or setting. For instance there's times when I want to fly in super dense urban areas like NYC and LA, so I'd have to go in and adjust the LOD and Texture and a few other things. I dont want to manually do this each and everytime. And there's certain settings I use for flying FTX regions, and default regions as well. So I'd like to have multiple fsx.cfg files that I can quickly choose upon launching FSX to make things easier.

If you setup the scenario you want ie autogen and other display settings. Then goto the in sim 'options' menu then goto save and then save the configuration to whatever name you like. Make a note of where the file is saved to. Mine is Documents\Flight Simulator X Files. Now in windows explorer goto this location and then open up this file with notepad and then alter the texture size to which you would like it to be and also the LOD to what you like. If you make up loads of these for different scenarios in the sim, they can just be loaded up on the fly via the in sim menu, options-->load-->'yourfile'.  I have loads of these scenarios set up for all different flying situations.

Gavin Price