Sign in to follow this  
Roger_Hodgson

Not impressed with Global

I saw a YouTube video -- landing in Thailand (Bangkok) with global and it look pretty impressive.

If you want an 11 minute unbiased video review of FTXG without ENB, Shade, fancy editing, effects, and also uses the NGX, search YT for 8ZDhp2Py0eU

Cheers,

John Venema

Orbx_Logo_Avatar.png

Can see  where this  topic  is  going to go,  got my pop corn out  and  waiting  to see the  responses :P  

Looking for reverse gear now

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

I could care less really.

:)   I think the statement is "couldn't care less" :) IF you could care less, then that means you do care a bit :)

(tongue in cheek) :P

If you give me global for the same price as fsgenesis Europe then I will buy it B)

EDIT: I  just realized this is textures and its a mesh I need - DOH!

Edited by flyingnoob

If you want an 11 minute unbiased video review of FTXG without ENB, Shade, fancy editing, effects, and also uses the NGX, search YT for 8ZDhp2Py0eU

:O  :Shocked:  :Love: amazing FTXG VIDEO!

http://youtu.be/8ZDhp2Py0eU

Don't feed the troll guys.

Sent from my Apple communications device.

Which one, the OP or JV?

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

I can report that Western Europe is a huge improvement over stock and GEX. I love FTX Global from what I've seen there and in the SE US.

i was "not impresed" many times by many products. But i never posted that, "just to mention this"...

BTW, FTX global is excelent and much better then UTX and GEX  :P

The OP.

I could have went to GEX when I bought it and complained about texture being wrong in my neck of the woods. I got the same thing. It was way off. Too green, fields all over not found here.

But I didn't. Know why? Cause it is textures. I bought textures. Not landclass. Not mesh.

Sent from my Apple communications device.

Julian, my approach is perfectly fine, it's worked for me and Orbx since our inception, and I don't do PMs and email - too busy for that and just not interested.

Some folks call me arrogant and that's fine, maybe it's the Dutchman in me.

I don't put up with BS, call a spade a spade and don't tolerate rudeness, impatience and the instant gratification that seems to be the norm these days.

I could care less about arse kissers (if you think that's what people do) but I do get my back up at the vocal minority who post mainly to feed their own egos and agendas.

People know how I operate by now and those who don't like it can choose to not buy our products because of my style, again I could care less really.

Forgive my writing style as it's fairly early here and my eyes are not what they used to be at this time. 

What I find upsetting ('and gets my back up') Orbx, is the way you treat customers who give you general constructive criticism in your forums. Users who have parted with their dollars for your software deserve some respect and I don't really see that in some of the return comments on your forum.

What does it say about the fact that I (like many I have seen in forums) don't feel comfortable posting constructive criticisms in your forums?  As soon as they mention anything like it, they are verbally abused.

Maybe you have illusions of grandeur my friend. You have a software company; I have medals.  

Abomination? I mentioned I was disappointed with the product.  

Anyway, I look forward to your response, but my night flight is over for tonight.

Happy flying my fellow simmers.  

Rod

I purchased Global only because I was running vanilla FSX with default scenery. It's an improvement...100 bucks worth ....NO.... Arizona now looks greener than my wallet :lol: .

The one thing that bothers me is the claim the new lighting doesn't effect FPS.

I have some new swampland in AZ if you interested in buying.

Roger Hodgson......aka NickN?

lol

I suspect that there are many of us who are enjoying the product...it's usually the unhappy minority that is more vocal in the forums.

We could just be too dang busy flying OVER the scenery...lol, rather than twitching on the fence and tossing straws...   Just came off of one...and soon to go back...

It could just be that... (wink!)

Ever so slowly the FSX/P3D owners are beginning to understand Mesh, Textures and Landclass as the three components that are used to create what they see on the ground. For $100 you get the textures and mesh. Later for <$20 you get the landclass.. Hand made textures take artists. Good ones don't work cheap. So when you see a field or desert where a city should be you actually received what you paid for. Even if those textures are wrong they should look better that those from Microsoft. Next you will be able to buy the landclass which will put the new "pretty" textures in the correct places. At that point the puzzle is complete. Remember three pieces are needed.

regards,

Dick near Pittsburgh, USA

Ever so slowly the FSX/P3D owners are beginning to understand Mesh, Textures and Landclass as the three components that are used to create what they see on the ground. For $100 you get the textures and mesh. Later for <$20 you get the landclass.. Hand made textures take artists. Good ones don't work cheap. So when you see a field or desert where a city should be you actually received what you paid for. Even if those textures are wrong they should look better that those from Microsoft. Next you will be able to buy the landclass which will put the new "pretty" textures in the correct places. At that point the puzzle is complete. Remember three pieces are needed.

nope, you don't get mesh with Global