Sign in to follow this  
Pandanator 2

Petition to re-hire ACES

Unless it comes with 30 million dollars, it seems unlikely that it will make a difference, but I hope I am wrong.

I agree that this is more relevant to FSX, but I'll let it stand for a bit and see where it goes.

I think the reason Pandanator 2 put this in the Flight forum, is that many members of this forum fly FSX also (as well as FS9, Xplane, etc....)

Be forewarned - this is not going to get into a free-for-all concerning Microsoft, the cancellation of the FS franchises, or any of the other garbage that has been spewed too many times before on this subject.

If an intelligent, mature, discussion takes place, it will stay. If not it will join the other threads that address this.

End of PSC.  Thanks.

Thank you.

Rick

$Silver Donor

EAA 1317610   I7-7700K @ 4.5ghz, MSI Z270 Gaming MB,  32gb 3200,  Geforce RTX2080 Super O/C,  28" Samsung 4k Monitor,  Various SSD, HD, and peripherals

Lets just imagine that MS decides to start developing FSX again.

They will go in their direction,  LM  with P3D will go their direction,  and the products will quickly diverge.

Then what do developers do  (apart from pull their hair out).

Best thing that ever happened to MS FSX, was MS getting out of the FS business.

Back in 2009 there was already a petition for that and it received nearly 100.000 signs. Didn`t really changed anything.

And there is no sense in making a FS11 based on FSX. Backwards compability restricts new technologies.

FSX and P3d are still looking like a 10 year old game, even with expensive add-ons.

I agree to have all -and more- FSX features in a new FS, but based on a complete new modern engine.

Agreed Heimi, and MSFlight is that engine.

Moe

As mentioned, this petition already exists and it was misguided back then also.

As Stonelance will confirm, the developers of Flight were essentially... the same as the developers of previous versions of FS. In other words, it was ACES all over again, with the inevitable departures and arrivals common to all workplaces.

Stonelance himself was on ACES as were many of the airplane guys, the terrain guys, the art guys, the effects guys...

Asking for the return of ACES during the development of Flight was due to lack of information.

Asking for it now is wishful thinking, but then we should never give up hope. Bring back the FS franchise, but use Flight as a base and expand from there. Because it is the best version of FS ever! :lol:

Best regards.

Luis

Just sign the petition it takes 30 seconds. We all want an up to date simulator no matter what they call it.

Well I posted this here because I'm pretty sure there is already a topic on it in the FSX section and I just thought I'd stick it here to spread the word a bit more. I do know of that last petition, but this one has something that I don't know the other one had. This one has been seen and is being watched by the remaining Flight community team. These are the last people still working for Microsoft that have anything to do with the Flight Simulators. I know it's a bit hopeful but there's no harm in signing it. If it does nothing you will have lost nothing more a minute or two of your time.

Never happen.  The problem is that while a new FS11 would make money IMHO, it would not make ENOUGH profit to appease shareholders...shareholders BTW are, IMHO, a lower form of life as they tend to impede smart business decisions.

spacer.png