Sign in to follow this  
sjed

Orbx FTX global where's the traffic?

I'll be honest. I'm waiting for DX10 to be fixed in FTX global before I buy. But I've now seen many pictures and some videos that look outstanding. I personally am interested in the night lighting aspect. I KNOW I can run pretty much everything cranked up to max except water and autogen at 1 notch down with GEX and UTX and run them SMOOTHLY. That is with ActiveSky 2012 clouds, 45% airline traffic, UTX night lighting and vehicle traffic ( thanks Steve, Paul, etc and DX10). Every video and picture I've seen with Orbx FTX global has been void of any traffic. My question is can anyone point me to a video or screen capture with traffic showing or does anyone, who is now using FTX global, know if there is any big performance hits using these items. In other words, can I still run the above mentioned items smoothly if I just change out GEX or FTX global.

SJED

Wouldn't it be the same either way?

Orbx didn't re-do traffic.

Crank it to where you want it on your sim now, note performance, and then that will be what you have but with FTX textures.

It is just textures........

I would normally agree with you but, as I said earlier, I haven't seen anyone posting pictures or videos with any traffic. It's hard for me to believe that no one in the simmer world runs without ai or car traffic on which makes me a little suspicious, hence the question.

SJED

Ok then man. I am sure someone will show that traffic still works. I don't use it unless making a video.

I'm not going to post pics or video but will assure anyone that, indeed, road traffic works just fine...no issues here at all. Besides, FTXG is just textures...

Wayne Klockner
United Virtual

BetaTeamB.png

I never use traffic.......looks like a cartoon and horrible performance hit.

I use a lot of traffic and recognized no loss on framerates with FTX Global.

They just changed textures!

Daniel

I would normally agree with you but, as I said earlier, I haven't seen anyone posting pictures or videos with any traffic. It's hard for me to believe that no one in the simmer world runs without ai or car traffic on which makes me a little suspicious, hence the question.

At a 20 percent setting, every highway, byway, county road is fully populated with traffic now...at least with UTX also in the mix.  Properly depicted, as I posted on another thread. I'm not going to post a pic, but it is all there, head-lights coming at ya...red tail lights away from you. No traffic popping in and out while on a main road any longer. I don't fully understand what happened, but with adding FSXG, all road depiction and FSX moving traffic issues have been fixed. The roadway and traffic system really works, now. An FSX first..lol. 

I haven't noticed any frame rate decreases from using Global.  That said,  most of what global is is just swapping out one set of 1024x1024 textures for another.  no frame rate loss possible just for that.  however, ORBX seems to annotate more autogen on the tiles than other products do, so if autogen is an issue, you may need to adjust your sliders.  I haven't though, all full right 30fps locked before and after global

Thank you Hero and Ses. Makes me feel better.

SJED

This is an automatic message.

This topic has been moved from "MS FSX Forum" to "The Unofficial ORBX Forum". This move has been done for a number of possible reasons.

• The most likely reason is that the post was off topic.
  • The topic could also have contained images or a video that were not appropriate to the original forum it was posted in.
  • The images might not have been "illustrative" or "explanatory" in nature.
  • The topic could have been moved because we deemed it to be more appropriately placed elsewhere.
Please ensure that your posts are "on topic" and contain illustrative images or videos as appropriate. Do not post videos or images just for entertainment purposes anywhere but in the screen shot or video forums. See our image posting rules here.

Members who continue to post off topic posts can be denied entry to specific forums in order to reduce and remove the practice. Your cooperation is appreciated.