Sign in to follow this  
Lyle221

Almost 2 Years after the NGX, and Still no 777

That happened in March - I'm really just a ghost now (-;

Yes and we all remember you fondly.

So, I guess you missed this thread - pinned at the top named "PMDG 777 Information": http://forum.avsim.net/topic/372169-pmdg-777-information/

Or this one, named "PMDG 777 Picture thread": http://forum.avsim.net/topic/409189-the-consolidated-pmdg-777-preview-pictures-thread-56k-stay-away/

Or what about the one in the PMDG General Forum by Robert him self named "24JUN13 - PMDG 777 Virtual Cockpit Preview": http://forum.avsim.net/topic/412156-24jun13-pmdg-777-virtual-cockpit-preview/

Let us not forget "13JUL13 - Nifty little feature in the 777...": http://forum.avsim.net/topic/413514-13jul13-nifty-little-feature-in-the-777/

Sorry, but I call troll - either that or well... Check out the forums a bit more often, and you'll find a ton of information. This thread won't make them release it sooner, and needs to be closed.

Randazzo said that it was practically finished 5 weeks ago.

I don't think we'll have to wait too much longer.

At this point, I'll be happy if it's out by Christmas.

Simulator: P3Dv5.4

System Specs: Intel i7 13700K CPU, MSI Mag Z790 Tomahawk Motherboard, 32GB DDR5 6000MHz RAM, Nvidia GeForce RTX 4070 Video Card, 3x 1TB Samsung 980 Pro M.2 2280 SSDs, Windows 11 Home OS

Guest JustanotherPilot

You have to admire those at Majestic who made no mention of developing their Dash q400 and then released it totally unexpectedly. This caused no angst or expectations from the Flightsim community because they didn't know about it, so couldn't anticipate it's release. If only other developers could adopt this business practice.

You have to admire those at Majestic who made no mention of developing their Dash q400 and then released it totally unexpectedly. This caused no angst or expectations from the Flightsim community because they didn't know about it, so couldn't anticipate it's release. If only other developers could adopt this business practice.

People actually new about it and there were quite a lot of previews during the development cycle, people just didn't seem to know.

Yeah... no.

I have known about the Q400 development for years... The project, in it's current appearance, has been discussed on original Fanda forums no later than 2009. As a successor to the original Fanda/Majestic Q300, it was discussed no later than 20054

Just because you had no idea about Majestic developments, it doesn't mean nobody had. Even if they were pretty low-key before the Q400 release.

Guest JustanotherPilot

Well for those of us who didn't know, it was a pleasant surprise when it was released. My point being that there was no second guessing as to when the product would be released.

I know other users are really thinking the same thing, but they are so afraid to voice their opinion because they are afraid of being BASHED by other users.

Afraid? I'm literally quivering in fear. If you could only see my toilet paper bills. But no, enough of this terror, I must fight against it. Here goes - I believe it'll be released when it's ready!

Wow - that feels better. I can leave my flat and face the world again :-)

Gavin Barbara

Over 10 years here and AVSIM is still my favourite FS site :-)

I have it on good authority it's coming out on the 31st of August...my authority you ask?  It's the day i leave on vacation for 4 weeks

Ian R Tyldesley

I have it on good authority it's coming out on the 31st of August...my authority you ask?  It's the day i leave on vacation for 4 weeks

Bring a decent laptop with you (if you happen to have one)

I'm leaving to OMDB on the 12th August. If the 777 is released on the same moment my air aircraft rotates or is in the air... I'll pretend to have a cardiac arrest to make emergency landing and get home ASAP.

Best way to deal with the wait is to move on. I have. Stop reading forums, stop checking avsim looking for a release announcement and move on. Suddenly at some point you will be pleasantly surprised when it's released. There are good addons that are out there and some that have been there for some time. Once you move on you will go thorough withdrawal and finally forget about any addon release dates. Get those other aircraft in the air. Fly some approaches and get back to flying your flight sim the way you did before ever hearing about a PMDG 777. Inhale, exhale and go fly some challenging aircraft and approaches.