Sign in to follow this  
kavs8

Transavia 737 causes FS2004 to crash

Hi I've recently experienced the following problem and I've never had it before, The problem has occurred at:

Amsterdam

Alicante

Malaga

Common to all three? Transavia. Also the fact that just 25 mins ago I was taxiing to the active 13 at LEMG whilst a Transavia 737-700 was on final approach, the sound went the image stayed then - ''FS2004 has encountered an error and needs to close'' has anyone else noticed this problem? The texture I believe to be at fault is available here in the library: b738w_transavia.zip

It displays like this in my sim and the problem only occurs during sunrise/sunset and night. 

Hi I've recently experienced the following problem and I've never had it before

I downloaded and inspected the texture file: b738w_transavia.zip. The textures are all 32bit with alpha channels present and no mip maps. There seems to be no problem with them that would cause FS9 to crash. Although they should be DXT3 with alphas and with or with mip maps (optional) for performance and disk space reasons. When FS9 closes does it give you a error message naming the faulting module? Do you have the FS9 to FS9.1 update installed? Does the crash occur in all seasons besides night, sunset and sunrise?

The first thing to test would be to switch your AI off, no AI at all and see if you still get the crash at the same time and location where you did get the crash. If FS9 does still crash then you will know it is not the AI that is the cause.

By the way, you mentioned a Transavia B737-700 landing but then named the B737-800 file as suspect?

Regards,

Mel

After a number of faulty AI textures causing a crash, I have now got into a habbit when using a new texture to open it in imagetool.exe and simply save it. Not had a problem since.

Peter

Peter Schluter

The texture I believe to be at fault is available here in the library: b738w_transavia.zip

It displays like this in my sim and the problem only occurs during sunrise/sunset and night.

As it only happens when the lightmap is being called, try moving it out of the texture folder and testing.

It is 32bit, I would change it to DXT3.

The diffuse texture is also 32bit, with an all white Alpha. If you convert it to DXT3 using ImageTool you will get the "missing Alpha stutters" with this texture. I would change it to DXT1 (no Alpha) myself.

What is the plane on the left? It appears to be missing it's textures.

regards,

Joe

The best gift you can give your children is your time.

sigbar.gif