Sign in to follow this  
Michael Moe

Help Read/write permission is going mad

Please help, All the suddenly the read/write permission is switch back to read only all the time making it impossible to fly the NGX with EZCA for instance. everytime i make the files read and write it switch back.

I have not had this issue before

It looks like the panel is corrupted because it starts scrambled in 2D

Thanks

Michael

PS ! i think the files are the aircraft.cfg and the panel.cfg that makes the problem

W7/64 bit

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

Take a look here.

...also, have you followed a tweaking guide recently?  Some of those tell you to turn off services (like licensing services) that are actually required for the NGX.

Kyle Rodgers

UAC is always disabled in control panel . I have not change anything. Did a reinstall of the NGX but still have this scrambled 2D cockpit . not sure what you mean ?

Thanks

Michael

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Did a reinstall of the NGX but still have this scrambled 2D cockpit .

gaaaaaaah - why does everyone do this?  Unless you uninstalled/reinstalled following the procedure outlined on their support site, you probably caused more problems than attempting to solve.

Uninstall/reinstall is always the last resort, after exhausting all other sensible options.

So, since the damage seems to be done, go over to support.precisionmanuals.com and look for the uninstall/reinstall guide and follow that to the exact letter.

not sure what you mean ?

Tweaking guides are guides that help users get the max performance out of their computer.  Some of them tell people to go into the Windows services and disable some of them.  Some of these are required to run the NGX.  If you have not done any of this, then ignore it.

It may help to force Admin rights to the whole FSX directory:

The best fix is to navigate to the Microsoft Games folder (don't open it, just navigate to the Program Files folder that contains it) and right click on it. Select Properties. In the Properties pane, click on the Security tab, and then click on Users and Edit. In that Edit panel, select the option Full Control. From now on, everything in that folder will be run with admin-level rights.

Kyle Rodgers

Install FSX outside of Program Files or Program Files (x86) like we recommend in both the NGX manual and on our support site and I bet you won't have the problem anymore.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

all of this has been done allready before but still scrambled but thanks for respons :-)

The onle new stuff on the pc is UltimateDefrag4

hmm

Michael Moe

FSX is installed on a seperat drive and has been fine for nearly 2 years :-)

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

all of this has been done allready before

If this is true, then you wouldn't have read/write issues in that directory unless you have another program messing with it, which is highly unlikely...

Kyle Rodgers

well that is the case but the problem did accour after a advanced defrag metod by Ultimatedefrag4 so will loook into that. Havent change anything else and the NGX and FSX has been fine on my Raptor for nearly 2 years.

Michael Moe 

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

I'd argue that's most likely your issue, but that's going to be a mess to recover.

Kyle Rodgers

well i did not think that either :-) but here i am . Thanks anyway

Michael Moe 

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

hopefully , thank god for totally image creation every month on a 2TB drive making it hopefully possible to recreate the situation one month back :-) lets try

Michael Moe 

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

back to july 3 and everything is great :-) but the lesson learn is something about defrag

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

back to july 3 and everything is great :-)

Glad to hear that!  System restore points for the win!

Kyle Rodgers