Sign in to follow this  
martinlest2

Anyone use LWMViewer? Mine doesn't work!

When I open LWMViewer (V2) I get a plain lime green window. And I can't get past that stage!! I have entered the paths of the bglcomp etc. files and there is a tick in each box. The path to FS9 is correctly given. When I try to create the FS9 database ("this may take some time"..), nothing happens. I have left it for 30 minutes more than once, but since the process shows zero CPU activity in Task manager, I think I can assume nothing is happening.

When I connect to FS9 and choose 'Follow', again, no change, just the yellow/green blank window. I have reinstalled the programme. Same result.

Any ideas anyone why this is a dead duck on my PC?

Thanks

Is it installed in the Program Files folder?

If so, move it out.

Is FS installed in the Program Files folder?

If so, re-install it outside of that folder.

regards,

Joe

The best gift you can give your children is your time.

sigbar.gif

I have problems with LWMviewer 2.0 too:

I could get it to work only with a very small scenery.cfg.

So I use version 1.4 instead (much less functions, but enough for regarding LWMs)

This is strange as it works flawlessly on my system running windows 7 64 bit Perhaps there's an issue with the type of video card your using, as it states in the manual that it will not function correctly with certain video cards or perhaps theres something wrong with your scenery.cfg file if you don't already have this download scenery config editor 1.0.7 and allow that to scan your scenery for errors if there are errors found use its options to correct the errors and then try running LWM Viewer  V2 again.

If all fails try running it as administrator i very much doubt thats the problem but wont hurt what are your System Specs?

I have problems with LWMviewer 2.0 too:

I could get it to work only with a very small scenery.cfg.

So I use version 1.4 instead (much less functions, but enough for regarding LWMs)

This is a landclass issue.

1.4 dos not work with landclass.

regards,

Joe

sigbar.gif

so, perhaps create a second scenery.cfg with only very few addon sceneries?

That's a great idea!

I keep a copy of the default, 38 layer, scenery.cfg for just such purposes.

If I need to see an addon I copy it into ...\Addon Scenery and

Bob's yer Uncle.

regards,

Joe

sigbar.gif

"I could get it to work only with a very small scenery.cfg."

.. when I read that I changed my scenery.cfg file (which has 1300 entries) for the default one and just added the scenery I want to view in LWMViewer. But I haven't had time to test it yet. Will post back results as soon as I can!

"I could get it to work only with a very small scenery.cfg."

.. when I read that I changed my scenery.cfg file (which has 1300 entries) for the default one and just added the scenery I want to view in LWMViewer. But I haven't had time to test it yet. Will post back results as soon as I can!

1.300 wow you beat me lol im at 700 entries Perhaps this is the issue after all, guess it woulnt hurt to back up you Scenery Cfg and load up LWM Viewer with just a smaller version of the Scenery cfg 

Yes, that works with the default scenery.cfg. Will have to use that plus just the addon scenery I am investigating. HATE the way the programme immediately sets itself up as the default bgl editor though and all my bgl icons change to LWM images. Can't see any option for it not to do that and I have to edit the registry and restart explorer every time. Maybe that sort of hijacking was more acceptable in 2005. Still, if it creates the files I need I guess it's a small price to pay!

M