Sign in to follow this  
Anthony25368

Ftx and UTX

Hi, I am using FTX global and UTX, I was just wondering if I am supposed to turn some things off(besides lights) in UTX. My performance is terrible since I loaded FTX so I am thinking that I have both FTX and UTX running at the same time or something. I want to get the best performance with this new product. I have other orbx products and never had the frame rate hit I have with this. I have i7 2600k,etc etc, I was running at around 30 fps now its down to 6.

Thanks for the help

Anthony

Anthony

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-9700K CPU @ 3.60GHz   3.60 GHZ, 32 GB ram, win 10, gtx 1080 gpu

what is your settings like? I have FTXG and UTX too and I'm still getting the same frame rates I had before. I turned off the lights in utx and have the orbx recommend settings except mesh complexity which I have set to 80. I have my frames locked at 30

Something else is wrong.

There should be no performance difference except much higher FPS at night because Globals lighting is more efficient.

You should turn off all UTX night lighting and the LUX Custom landclass option for nights to be right with no issues.

One difference between stock FSX and FTX Global is the density of the autogen. If you're having a lot of performance issues after installing FTXG, try tweaking your autogen density sliders and see if that helps.

Ok I have my autogen up pretty high. I will adjust down and see if that is the problem.

Thank you

Anthony

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-9700K CPU @ 3.60GHz   3.60 GHZ, 32 GB ram, win 10, gtx 1080 gpu

One other thing I noticed was the textures loading slowly, like sitting at airport the ground texture would go from low definition to high while I'm sitting there watching sort of like it is loading really slow. I never had this problem before?

Anthony

Ok I lowered my autogen, noticed no difference in fps. I tried removing the utx textures and saw frame rates back to normal, only problem is I like the utx roads better. Anyone else having this problem.

Anthony

What's your road traffic setting? As I recall, UTX adds considerably more traffic on the roads for a given slider setting, and that can affect frame rates too.

The UTX traffic feature can be turned off, or one can compensate for it by backing off on the FSX road traffic slider...mine is set at no more than 8 %.

Wayne Klockner
United Virtual

BetaTeamB.png

Ok I lowered my autogen, noticed no difference in fps. I tried removing the utx textures

What textures in utx exactly?

Thanks,

Dirk.

UTX, although mainly a Landclass and Vector Data product, does contains some of it's own custom textures; I believe for things like Golf Courses, the sandy beaches etc.

UTX, although mainly a Landclass and Vector Data product, does contains some of it's own custom textures; I believe for things like Golf Courses, the sandy beaches etc.

Yes, and I understand there are quite a few of them, custom ones.

Dirk.

Yes, there are.  Some are really good and blend well in FTX Global, others, less so.

If you only want the UTX rounds then just uncheck everything UTX in the scenery library EXCEPT the roads.

What version of UTX do you have; Canada, USA, Europe, Tropical America or Ultimate Alaska X? Some like Ultimate Alaska X can impact FPS much more than the others.

If you only want the UTX rounds then just uncheck everything UTX in the scenery library EXCEPT the roads.

Tommy, did you mean roads?

Thanks,

Dirk.