Sign in to follow this  
Hirdy2013

Milviz 732 Sperry 177

Yeah I've tried that. I select the first DTO waypoint, get to above 1000ft, engage AP, engage FMS switch making sure FMS lights up, engage LNAV. It won't track my fms course. Weird.

Jas, after you turn on the A/P, try just pressing the FMS button (not LNAV).   I may well be wrong but perhaps LNAV is following the FSX GPS (FSX Flight Plan), and 'FMS' (on it's own) is tracking the route you programmed into the FMS.

Worth a try!

Question on this, is the VOR needle supposed to point to the next waypoint in the fms or are they completely uncoupled?

Just now I flew out of Manston and tracked using heading until I established on the DVR VOR using that AP mode, once it started tracking I switched to LNAV with FMS set to FMS and it picked up the route fine.

Patience Hirdy.  Our web guy is "out" of country "working".  I cannot say where but it's hot...  He will get you in.

Please contact oisin at milviz dot com for forum registration information.  Please provide proof of purchase if you want support.  Also, include the username you wish to have.

Question on this, is the VOR needle supposed to point to the next waypoint in the fms or are they completely uncoupled?

Haven't gotten plane yet, but you should have HSI source selectors next to the MCP  somewhere, which can be toggled between VOR/ILS and NAV source.  So I think the HSI should treat the nav path similar to how it handles a vor radial when the HSI is coupled to Nav source. 

Just now I flew out of Manston and tracked using heading until I established on the DVR VOR using that AP mode, once it started tracking I switched to LNAV with FMS set to FMS and it picked up the route fine.

Then I reckon you've nailed it. :cool:

So Hirdy, it sounds like you must have an intercept heading, in order to pick up the FMS route, via the 'FMS' and 'LNAV' buttons.

The CDI needle is coupled to the FMS, but the CRS pointer is not coupled to the FMS.

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Thanks for everyone's help on this. I will run through it tonight and report back.

The back to basics flying with this aircraft is superb. On occasion though its nice to set and forget. Get the chores done then come back to it. Just a side note. Is the fms flight plan going to show up in the shift 3 default GPS? No issue if it doesn't.

Brilliant aircraft.

Patience Hirdy.  Our web guy is "out" of country "working".  I cannot say where but it's hot...  He will get you in.

All cool dude. Love your work man.

If you save your flightplan to hard drive, then you can load it into FSX. Then the 'magenta line' will show up.

Note however that FSX flightplans will not include any SID or STAR waypoints, so those will not show up.

Fr. Bill    

Make sure you are pressing the FMS button on the autopilot.  That is what links the autopilot to the FMS.  Then get on an intercept course to your first waypoint and press LNAV.

Yep, thanks everyone. Will try it all later on tonight.

I really appreciate everyones help. Looks like we might have it sorted.

Cheers.

Colin,

I emailed my username details and still haven't received anything back.

Any chance you can get me set up for the support forums?

PM me your details.

Please contact oisin at milviz dot com for forum registration information.  Please provide proof of purchase if you want support.  Also, include the username you wish to have.

*post deleted by author*

Colin beat me to the punch... ;)

Fr. Bill