Sign in to follow this  
OwenLim90

Use tools in FSX

Hi all,

I would like to know that anyone use any tools in FSX? Except yoke and joystick.

By tools you mean?? 

As for hardware, I also use Saitek's rudder pedals, trim wheel, radio panel, switch panel, and multi panel. I would love to add their intrument panels to the mix,but at $150+ USD per, they are out of my price range.

As for software tools.. a bunch..

Ernest Pergrem

By tools you mean?? 

As for hardware, I also use Saitek's rudder pedals, trim wheel, radio panel, switch panel, and multi panel. I would love to add their intrument panels to the mix,but at $150+ USD per, they are out of my price range.

As for software tools.. a bunch..

Sorry for the inconvenience my mistake,I didn't make it clear enough.What I meant was such as Ultimate Rotating Plotter and Fiberboard E6-B flight computer?Can we use these in FSX?

Thanks for the clarification.. I'm sure that some users do use those. 

However, I would guess that most rely on software programs such as FlightSim Commander, FS Build, etc. to plan their flight.

Ernie

Ernest Pergrem

Hi hi,

Yesh, in FSX you can use most Aviation External Tools to FSX,

I mainly do VFR flights or VOR-VOR where possible,

And the old hand held computer comes in handy for that.

Using VFR scenery as well for home (UK)

The charts and plotting come in handy,

as do approach plates,

It depends how you want to fly really.

The only things I haven't found any use of yet are astro compasses and Sextants,

would be nice if somone could build those into FSX lol :)

Thanks for the clarification.. I'm sure that some users do use those. 

However, I would guess that most rely on software programs such as FlightSim Commander, FS Build, etc. to plan their flight.

Ernie

Not at all. It was my mistake.It sounds really good. I'll try to use it. Do you use FlightSim Commander or FS build plan to your flight?

Hi hi,

Yesh, in FSX you can use most Aviation External Tools to FSX,

I mainly do VFR flights or VOR-VOR where possible,

And the old hand held computer comes in handy for that.

Using VFR scenery as well for home (UK)

The charts and plotting come in handy,

as do approach plates,

It depends how you want to fly really.

The only things I haven't found any use of yet are astro compasses and Sextants,

would be nice if somone could build those into FSX lol :)

Hi,

Well. I'll fly Cessna,Boeing and Airbus. But I need have a charts and plotting to do my approach plates well. It seems very nice if I can be in fsx. Did you do as well ? VFR flights is still ok for me. But IFR flights confuse for me. :wacko:

I use VFR charts available from most aviation shops online,

And IFR plates & charts (Jeppesen & Aerad), a good supply is from ebay,

most are out of date, some newer, but good enough for FSX.

I use VFR charts available from most aviation shops online,

And IFR plates & charts (Jeppesen & Aerad), a good supply is from ebay,

most are out of date, some newer, but good enough for FSX.

But its depends on your flights. I like to fly boeing and Airbus. So I must to learn IFR. VFR flights doesn't have any help right if you flight boeing or airbus?I'm not very sure

That is correct,

VFR is always handy for those moments when needed,

but the IFR En-Route Charts , Ocean Plotting Charts, & Airport Approach Plates are more what you are after.

The Hand Held Computer is still usefull for quick checks.

And Rulers / Pattern Holding Templates still usefull too if you don't want to use the FMC for that,

or older Aircraft without an FMC.

All are optional for Flight Simulator though

But its depends on your flights. I like to fly boeing and Airbus. So I must to learn IFR. VFR flights doesn't have any help right if you flight boeing or airbus?I'm not very sure

Owen, why not get yourself one of those good old (printed) books that teach instrument flying and navigation? (Free online resources, like the FAA website, alternatively.)

And how ever you like to use your sim is completely up to you. There is no 'must' when it comes to your hobby!!!

That is correct,

VFR is always handy for those moments when needed,

but the IFR En-Route Charts , Ocean Plotting Charts, & Airport Approach Plates are more what you are after.

The Hand Held Computer is still usefull for quick checks.

And Rulers / Pattern Holding Templates still usefull too if you don't want to use the FMC for that,

or older Aircraft without an FMC.

All are optional for Flight Simulator though

Well.actually what types of aircraft did you use when you fly vfr and ifr? are you a real pilot or virtual? I'll use the FMC better for the boeing or airbus. I don't like any trouble on external tools.

Owen, why not get yourself one of those good old (printed) books that teach instrument flying and navigation? (Free online resources, like the FAA website, alternatively.)

And how ever you like to use your sim is completely up to you. There is no 'must' when it comes to your hobby!!!

Hi olli again, did you mean "microsoft flight simulator for pilots real world training" this book?

I'm afraid that in the virtual world we cannot use external tools likes Fiberboard E6-B flight computer and Ultimate Rotating Plotter ,etc.  So I need to make sure first

VFR - Cessna's, Piper's, C-130, Military Fighters, DC-3, DC-2

IFR - C-130, 727, early 737's, DC-9, 707

I'm Virtual Pilot at present, but worked my way through the Personal Pilots License Course materials, and going through the Commercial License training manuals.

I also collect manuals, now toting some 400+ electronic / real where ever possible.

VFR - Cessna's, Piper's, C-130, Military Fighters, DC-3, DC-2

IFR - C-130, 727, early 737's, DC-9, 707

I'm Virtual Pilot at present, but worked my way through the Personal Pilots License Course materials, and going through the Commercial License training manuals.

I also collect manuals, now toting some 400+ electronic / real where ever possible.

Oh. Did not fly airbus? you think will miss out if you learn 737 type rating and then you go for learn airbus a320 type rating?  Well. what did you mean by work your own way? what manuals do you collect?