Sign in to follow this  
OwenLim90

Use tools in FSX

Or, alternatively, something like this:

http://www.faa.gov/pilots/training/

I prefer handbooks not related to simming for the chance to buy more knowledge at a lower price.

Stuff like that can teach you about IFR and it will make your decision on the tools mentioned above a bit easier.

Oh. I prefer handbooks too. Can you recommend some books for me? what is simming? I'm wondering that we can use external tools in the virtual world. because it's for real world use I think.

Simming is flightsimming - using FSX for your hobby.

I tried to find the book I like at amazon.com before I posted, but unfortunately it doesn't seem to be available anymore.

Those FAA recommendations and resources may help, though.

Simming is flightsimming - using FSX for your hobby.

I tried to find the book I like at amazon.com before I posted, but unfortunately it doesn't seem to be available anymore.

Those FAA recommendations and resources may help, though.

oh. before you posted? what title? let me look around . ok. thanks. I will see it later. when you novice in fsx also go from FAA help?

By worked my way through, That meant working through each of the following real world books....

1.Flying Training,

2.Aviation Law & Meteorology,

3.Air Navigation,

4.The Aeroplane - Technical,

5.Radio Navigation,

6.Human Factors,

7.Radio Telephony,

Then Further Reading

Instrument Flying,

Multi-Engine Flying,

Commercial Instrument Flying,

FMC Manuals (The Majority are the same, with individual aicraft nuances),

Jeppesen Student Pilot Manual.

The Commercial Pilots Training Manuals are basically like above, but in much further detail.

I Haven't got into Airbus flying yet.

Manuals I collect range from 1920 onwards, Military & Civilian, it depends if I like the aircraft or not, and availability, Engine, Pilots, Engineer Manuals.

oh. before you posted? what title? let me look around . ok. thanks. I will see it later. when you novice in fsx also go from FAA help?

"Mastering instrument flying", by Henry Sollman & Sherwood Harris, McGraw-Hill, Practical flying series

I've went through a number of sources so far (in about 15 years of flightsimming):

- MSFS help/flying school

- printed books,

- addon aircraft manuals (from PMDG in particular)

- online sites: smartcockpit.com and many others, well ... AVSIM, obviously

- aviation DVDs

I think those Precision Manuals by a certain Development Group have helped me most so far.   :rolleyes:

By worked my way through, That meant working through each of the following real world books....

1.Flying Training,

2.Aviation Law & Meteorology,

3.Air Navigation,

4.The Aeroplane - Technical,

5.Radio Navigation,

6.Human Factors,

7.Radio Telephony,

Then Further Reading

Instrument Flying,

Multi-Engine Flying,

Commercial Instrument Flying,

FMC Manuals (The Majority are the same, with individual aicraft nuances),

Jeppesen Student Pilot Manual.

The Commercial Pilots Training Manuals are basically like above, but in much further detail.

I Haven't got into Airbus flying yet.

Manuals I collect range from 1920 onwards, Military & Civilian, it depends if I like the aircraft or not, and availability, Engine, Pilots, Engineer Manuals.

Well. but from my side I would recommend you direct go through the PPL,CPL and ATPL course is better. It will save time as well. It sounds nice. do you have boeing and airbus manuals?

The 7 books first listed there are the PPL training books.

The Commercial pilots books I mentioned, but not listed are the ATPL training books (15 I think it is).

I also have various pre & post WWII flying manuals, for the older styles of navigation, including use of sextants & Astro Compasses.

I do have both Boeing, and Airbus manuals , yes :)

"Mastering instrument flying", by Henry Sollman & Sherwood Harris, McGraw-Hill, Practical flying series

I've went through a number of sources so far (in about 15 years of flightsimming):

- MSFS help/flying school

- printed books,

- addon aircraft manuals (from PMDG in particular)

- online sites: smartcockpit.com and many others, well ... AVSIM, obviously

- aviation DVDs

I think those Precision Manuals by a certain Development Group have helped me most so far.   :rolleyes:

it's a very good book. I will let you know later once I found it. Well.flying school is virtual? what you can learn from aviation DVDs? what book do you use before? Can you share your experience to me? I'm hoping that you can as my flight instructor .lol :lol: I think so too. not only one. what types of aircrafts did you use in precision manuals?

The Commercial pilots books I mentioned, but not listed are the ATPL training books (15 I think it is).

I also have various pre & post WWII flying manuals, for the older styles of navigation, including use of sextants & Astro Compasses.

Oh, In the future you want to be a real world pilot?WOW. It was too old. but you still can keep it . Well.Can you send some of manuals to me ?I'm very appreciate it

If you don't mind could you please send to my e-mail?