Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

I nominate FSX Global as the number one add-on of '13

This morning (in flight, paused) I took off from Detroit Metro, enroute to Thunder Bay, Ontario, and am right now at my cruise altitude of FL180.

John V,  your Global graphics are outstanding!  Whether at 1,800 feet, or 18,000 feet, the graphics (cities, towns, counties) all look the right size, scope, and scape.  I am at FL180 and the towns and cities I am flying over have got to be the most life-like renderings I have EVER HAD in a flight simulation product. This is amazing. The new lighting system is spot on for what you see at my altitude. I don't know if you had to 'scale' your graphics in house for to look life-like and natural as per the flight altitude, or FSX is doing that for you as I ascend, or decend, but no matter, what is on my monitor this morning is the BEST rendition of what the real world looks like, and is not being produced to date in FS9, or XPX.

I don't need to flex the suspend disbelief mind muscle any more after today. I fly at least three times a month for my living, and I have to tell ya...what I see now on my monitor at the FL's...is exactly what I see in my window seat in the real world.  This was worth every cent of those hundred bucks, John. To think that I now can fly anywhere, WORLD-WIDE and get the visuals I have this morning, as dawn breaks over your world...uh...er...my new 'world'... :)

Flight simulation is now mirroring reality.

Thank you, ORBX.

I can't wait for the OpenLC files I will be interested in....

Holy Cow.........

For those choosing to pass this experience by....the poor buggers!

This just pushed me over the edge!

THATS IT.

I'm buying it  :P

How many more of these threads are you going to start?

Your enthusiasm is nice, and I'm not anti-Orbx (I own all regions and most airports), and will probably buy FTX Global at some point, but these constant new threads to gush over this product just seems unecessary.

Couldn't you have added this latest contribution to one of the other 37 FTXG related threads currently cooking away?

Just 2c

This just pushed me over the edge!

THATS IT.

I'm buying it  :P

me 2, I feel like buying it again.  Mitch is right, FTXG got me back into FSX/P3D .....it's like a new sim :yahoo:  :clapping:  :drinks:

How many more of these threads are you going to start?

Your enthusiasm is nice, and I'm not anti-Orbx (I own all regions and most airports), and will probably buy FTX Global at some point, but these constant new threads to gush over this product just seems unecessary.

Couldn't you have added this latest contribution to one of the other 37 FTXG related threads currently cooking away?

Just 2c

Nope...and I'll let the other's add or compose their own, :)

Gush?  Nah...head-shaking, and smile making...more describes my reaction to what it brings to FSX....

2.5 cents. :) 

If I have Ground Effect x, Ultimate Terrain X, FSGenesis, and REX2, which one is this replacing?

spacer.png

If I have Ground Effect x, Ultimate Terrain X, FSGenesis, and REX2, which one is this replacing?

I'd say none of the above, or maybe perhaps Ground Effects (?!?)

The others are mesh or landclass.  REX2 would not be touched by FSXG, because that is atmospherics and water textures. You are good to go! UTX (which you have) and FSXG really shine up the shoes!

GEX, but that would be Ground Environment X, not Ground Effect x of which I have never heard. ;)

"I nominate FSX Global as the number one add-on of '13"

So ...

... either the PMDG 777 is not worth considering to be the no. 1 addon of the year?

... or you are reckoning it's not going to be released before 2014???

(Just some fuel for the fire. :P  )

BTW, I don't know why my profile shows MEMBER AWAY.  I do not have that tag turned on in my profile. FYI.

"I nominate FSX Global as the number one add-on of '13"

So ...

... either the PMDG 777 is not worth considering to be the no. 1 addon of the year?

... or you are reckoning it's not going to be released before 2014???

(Just some fuel for the fire. :P  )

Well, that would be a feature you would use inside your FSX world.  FSXG creates that world....you would fly that plane over, so (smile) first things, first, lol

I would nominate Majestic Dash 8, that's something truly new and high tech.

So as a Ground Environment X user, this product has no advantage to me, correct?

spacer.png

Yes, it totally replaces the textures, which GEX is. So either FTX Global or GEX. But thats a very easy choice. FTX Global is a game changer!

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

Much as I 100% share the OP's delight in what FTX Global has done for the areas I usually fly, I have to consider the people who typically fly in more arid climes, which FTX Global turns unreastically lush and green.   Until the coming OpenLC expansions fix that problem, I don't think we can give FTXG the prize for the universally best add-on when it's making things look subjectively worse in some people's eyes.  But apart from that, I agree 100% with Seshquashtoo as to what this does for temperate climes in FSX.

Helo_Head: I was a GEX user too, but I felt it never quite got the tone right for the British Isles where I normally fly.  For me, FTXG is a welcome replacement.  If you're 100% happy with what GEX does for you, then no it's probably not worth it.  But if you fly in temperate zones and feel that somehow it's not quite the right shade of green I suggest you look through the various screenshots and videos being posted of FTXG to see if it's more to your liking.  The other case where I think you'd see a massive benefit would be if you already own one or more of the existing full FTX regions and would like to fly freely between them and the rest of the FSX world.  With FTXG everything will at least look like part of the same consistent world, rather than flying between a real-ish world and Toonland.

Dr V

I have been absolutely blown away with FTXG, made more so by the installation of Scenery Tech's landclass for Europe. I would say that while FTXG is OK on it's own, it is nevertheless crying out for landclass, which of course will come in due time from Orbx. In the meantime I have a third party LC which is working fine. BTW, I had GEX Europe installed and well, (sorry Nick N) FTXG IMO blows it out of the water, but as I say it has to be used with landclass.

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776