Sign in to follow this  
jocatch

Simple Questions on Using RC 4.3

The TS was talking about his limited time and FSX usually doesn't place you at a holding point (except for some addon airports): For FSX it's either at the ramp or on the runway. Ramp means additional taxi time.

I really wouldn't recommend that. RC will shout at you if you line up before Tower gives you permission. What's the point of buying advanced ATC software and then ignoring most of the departure procedures?

You can save a lot of time taxiing by parking close to the take-off threshold. That's the limit to saving time without breaking any ATC rules.

In addition to what Ray stated you really would not want landing ai coming up on approach very near landing. On the ground you lose approach protection or at the least they would be doing unrealistic go-arounds.

RC is monitoring ai on final and will not instruct to line up unless they are far enough away. Except on you landing and while enroute RC leaves ai alone.

I also suggest to reduce your waiting in the take-off queue to line up on the runway shorter, investigate the freeware ai smooth in the FSX utilities section. It works on FS9 s well. Turn off the ATC message for display and audio in its options. Adjust the ai spacing on final to suit your taste. This allows departing aircraft (including you) to squeeze in between arrivals by placing ai into holding patterns. FS when you load a flight starts ai scheduled within a certain time window rushing to take-off playing catchup. If you are ready to go before the queue is reduced you will wait some time in the conga line so ai smooth's landing separation can help there.

aismooth_v120.zip was the last released version for both sims and contains documention.

As far as I remember, the voices that are there are American. I wanted UK ones and they were not there.

I stress this was 2/3 years ago, so I may be wrong.

Good morning.

There is a mixture of voices in the Meatwater pack- American, British, Italian and South African I think- but I recall noticing that one was missing. It doesn't make any difference anyway as you can retain the original sound files for that voice.

RC doesn't allocate files by region but the RC window has a facility for assigning specific voice actors to particular roles.

Best regards,

D

The TS was talking about his limited time and FSX usually doesn't place you at a holding point (except for some addon airports): For FSX it's either at the ramp or on the runway. Ramp means additional taxi time.

If he has a chart showing the airport layout he can position his aircraft at a gate close to the holding point. Taxiing time would be minimised. Ron gives other reasons why starting RC with the aircraft lined up on a runway is inadvisable.

If he has a registered version of FSUIPC he can also use Traffic Zapper to remove any aircraft in front of his aircraft as he approaches the holding point.

And if time is that limited choose a shorter route and accelerate to max x4 during cruise rather than bypass critical ATC procedures at the start of the flight.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Ron/Ray,

how could I disagree?

If I had contributed to the development, testing and/or support of RC I'd be very proud of the product myself (I'm even proud I bought it!). Cutting corners in RC must look like a waste of talent and knowledge.

I don't consider my suggestion superior to any other approach. It's just another way to save the TS some time he can use for flying instead.

I'd leave the final decision up to the TS.

Good discussion Oliver and hopefully JC will consider the pros and cons before his next flight.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

And if time is that limited choose a shorter route and accelerate to max x4 during cruise rather than bypass critical ATC procedures at the start of the flight.

jd did state 2x is max. Consider the response time at 2x of a jetliner as RC prepares to monitor a waypoint crossing, even in cruise, and the resources in performance consumed by FS itself plus any add-on apps.

I find a lot of time is invested in preflight prep of the aircraft if it is complex (PMDG 737NG). When time is limited, as you say do a shorter route (my shortest for the 737 is around 300 nm or slightly less). I also have routes of about 150 nm for freeware CRJ200s I've modified emulating what is now Delta Connection sub-contractors out of KMSP. A typical 300 is KMSP to KMDW now run by Southwest.