Sign in to follow this  
Nurmblitz

Download of Past Purchases at FSPilotShop

Just visited above mentioned shop and noticed that they demand money from downloads. Good bye that's all he wrote...

What on earth are you on about?

Man, these forums are getting stranger and stranger lately!

this anti-ORBX campaign just starting to irritate me...

Are you talking about re-downloading what you have purchased in the past?

Are you talking about re-downloading what you have purchased in the past?

I think that is what he is refering to. I recently went to their website and was going to download and old product becuase the copy I had was corrupt and found out that since it had been over a year they where going to charge me $5.00 to re-download.

Tim Curtis

MSFS2020, i7-9900k 5.0Ghz, 32GB Ram, Nvidia 3080, 48" LG OLED CX

I think that is what he is refering to. I recently went to their website and was going to download and old product becuase the copy I had was corrupt and found out that since it had been over a year they where going to charge me $5.00 to re-download.

It provided what you paid for originally so why should it provide it a again free - after all it didn't corrupt your download?

It provided what you paid for originally so why should it provide it a again free - after all it didn't corrupt your download?

I'm sorry, that makes absolutely no sense. An electronic product should always have access to be downloaded. You paid for the PRODUCT, not for the downloading of the product!

It provided what you paid for originally so why should it provide it a again free - after all it didn't corrupt your download?

You purchased a license to use the software, and it is provided via download. You don't get a DVD or other 'hardcopy', so when your HD crashes or something like that, like with Steam, you should be able to redownload I think.

B.t.w. some ppl here (not you mgh) are very edgy when it comes to complaints regarding devs, you see them popping up everywhere to attack other customers when they vent their experience and I really don't understand why. Unless it's a useless and annoying rant, but I don't think this topic is.

Hmm other devs do that as well, example PMDG.  I have no other comment either way.

spacer.png

I'm sorry, that makes absolutely no sense. An electronic product should always have access to be downloaded. You paid for the PRODUCT, not for the downloading of the product!

As much as I would like to disagree with Gerry's observation I can't. 

Expecting a free download a year later is no different than scratching your DVD and expecting the company to replace it at no cost.

The intelligent thing to do is download and backup..

Ernie

Ernest Pergrem

The product price does NOT include an unlimited insurance against later file corruption ...

Bandwidth costs money.  It costs them money to store all their software on servers that undefined amounts of people will download from, much less have access to it 24/7.  It's no different than you re-ordering CDs of the software because you lost yours and wanted to re-install - any company would charge you for the CDs and shipping.

Lots of companies do this - not just FSS.  PMDG has been doing this ever since I can remember.  They even offer you a $10 1-year download fee on top of your initial purchase.

Guys, each company does it differently. Someone mentioned PMDG, well at least they offer the extended download service for an extra (small) fee at the time of purchase.

I have products I bought over 5 years ago at simmarket.com and still have free access to them to date!

So let me get this right, you are suggesting that ORBX is charging $90 for a year's license to use FTXG or are they charging $90 for the product itself?!

The product price does NOT include an unlimited insurance against later file corruption ...

Then they should charge you the bandwith cost, like 5 cents or something. Come on guys, it's 2013 and why are you all against normal/reasonable customer service. So what if the purchase doesn't include an insurance against corruption. LOL how do you even come up with that stuff.

I see you everywhere bashing other who actually dare speaking their minds. And again, i don't get why.