Sign in to follow this  
ramprat

Will someone from ORBX please read this.

I have apparently been banned for the ORBX forums.  It all started after I added a confirmation post to another users report of floating buildings in the SAK product.  I sent an email to admin@orbxsystems.com on May 5, 2013.  Here is a copy of that request for help.

Greetings,

I purchased SAK from The Flightsim Store on March 24.  My order number is ******.  I was able to access the SAK forum right after the purchase and reported floating buildings in Skagway.

After that initial posting I have not been able to access the forum.  When I try to go back to the forum I am greeted with the a message advising "Sorry, you don't have permission for that!"

Thank you for any help,

Clarence Bloodworth

Within minutes of sending that email I received an automated response from Jay Kae, FTX Administrator advising "the administrator has received my message".  The automated response included several links but all of them took me to the same "you don't have permission for that" page.

Since that original request, I have sent two additional requests with the same automated response but no answer from anyone at ORBX.

I believe this is simply an oversight as the staff at ORBX must be very busy and probably doesn't have time to read emails.  And, I am not looking for a fight.  I am not criticizing ORBX or any of their products.  I am very happy with the seven ORBX products I currently own.  I am interested in purchasing FTXG.  But if I cannot access the ORBX forums for support, I don't think I will be buying any more ORBX products.  I hope this issue can be corrected.

I also hope Mr. Venema will accept this as a reasonable request and not any form of ORBX bashing.

Sincerely,

Clarence Bloodworth

"A good landing is one you can walk away from. An excellent landing is one you can taxi away from."

Bill in Colorado:

Retired

Comm: ASEL/AMEL/Instrument

CFI: ASEL/AMEL/Instrument

i think you just need to log in. 

"Sorry, you don't have permission for that!" appears here on avsim too, when you are not logged. Just scroll up, find "sign in" and type username and password

Actually I had that happen to me here at AVSIM not long ago, and I freaked out a little...could not log in from my phone. Yes I'm an addict.

Intel i7 10700K | Asus Maximus XII Hero | Asus TUF RTX 3090 | 32GB HyperX Fury 3200 DDR4 | 1TB Samsung M.2 (W11) | 2TB Samsung M.2 (MSFS2020) | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280mm AIO | 43" Samsung Q90B | 27" Asus Monitor

I can't log in.  When I try to log in, I get the "Sorry" message.

Thank you for the suggestion though.  Hopefully someone who works for ORBX will see this message.

And, yes, I do use another nick in the ORBX forum, it's "bilworth".

"A good landing is one you can walk away from. An excellent landing is one you can taxi away from."

Bill in Colorado:

Retired

Please ensure that you log in.

Did you follow the validation instructions and make a single post in that thread?

Need to know your ORBX username to be of any help.

Ok got that (crossposting)

Sounds like you might have missed the validation instructions.

Will see if the account can be unlocked.

And, yes, I do use another nick in the ORBX forum, it's "bilworth".

THANK YOU! My account is now unlocked.  Do I need to do something to validate my account now?

Bill in Colorado:

Retired

Yep. Got that. Another cross-posting.

I've asked one of the admins to unlock the bilworth account. They will need to see my request to act on it.

Try again in the next day or so.

It does not sound at all like you would have been banned.

Haha. Cross post 3

Post in the validation thread if you can see it.

If not I'd say you are all good.

Yes, I am able to get into the ORBX forums now.  A big THANK YOU to all who helped.  I don't see any validation thread so hopefully all is good.

Bill in Colorado:

Retired

This is an automatic message.

This topic has been moved from "MS FSX Forum" to "The Unofficial ORBX Forum". This move has been done for a number of possible reasons.

• The most likely reason is that the post was off topic.
  • The topic could also have contained images or a video that were not appropriate to the original forum it was posted in.
  • The images might not have been "illustrative" or "explanatory" in nature.
  • The topic could have been moved because we deemed it to be more appropriately placed elsewhere.
Please ensure that your posts are "on topic" and contain illustrative images or videos as appropriate. Do not post videos or images just for entertainment purposes anywhere but in the screen shot or video forums. See our image posting rules here.

Members who continue to post off topic posts can be denied entry to specific forums in order to reduce and remove the practice. Your cooperation is appreciated.