Sign in to follow this  
captain420

Can FSX and P3D reside together?

I plan on giving P3D a try, however I have FSX installed and everything is running really well. Is it possible to have P3D installed as well or will the 2 conflict when another?

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

I plan on giving P3D a try, however I have FSX installed and everything is running really well. Is it possible to have P3D installed as well or will the 2 conflict when another?

No problems.   Just consider that they are separate applications, and you can even install them on the same HD.

The only limitation is, that you cannot run them BOTH at the same time.

Some  addons,  (ie FSUIPC)  will detect if you have FSX  and/or P3D, and install to both applications.

Can I share addons between the 2 so that I don't have to have 2x of everything, that will take up too much space. For instance I want to be able to use launch P3D and use all my installed FSX add-ons (planes, scenery, etc) without having to install them again for P3D?

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

Can I share addons between the 2 so that I don't have to have 2x of everything, that will take up too much space. For instance I want to be able to use launch P3D and use all my installed FSX add-ons (planes, scenery, etc) without having to install them again for P3D?

depends on the addon. For scenery if it doesn't use any fancy whiz-bang modules you should just be able to open up the P3D scenery library and insert an entry that looks to your FSX folder. For planes and other stuff, you'll have to copy the files I think.

Cool, what about getting stuff like Ultimate Traffic 2, REX and UTX. Also will SweetFX work with P3D?

The Estonia Migrator makes installing FSX stuff into P3D a cinch and is indispensable IMO.

Large stuff like FSG mesh can easily be shared by adding the area manually into P3D's scenery library.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk 2

deetee where can I get that migrator tool, and will it be able to migrate UTX over? 

Look at best seller list at Simmarket front page, you'll find it.

UTX, nope. It's forbidden to use it on P3D.