Sign in to follow this  
alainneedle1

There is an answer from Nick

He does make a valid point regarding Orbx's custom landclass meaning you'll be having to use both FTXG and OpenLC or something else entirely - but the issue is, from what I've seen, FTXG looks so much better than GEX's textures that I doubt simmers are really going to care about the monopolisation.

Thanks for the heads up!

Menno 

i7-11700, 16GB, 1 TB SSD, 2 TB HDD, RTX 3070, Windows 11, MSFS 2020 DeLuxe, P3D 4.5

What a mess of sordid affairs.

\Robert Hamlich/

He does make a valid point regarding Orbx's custom landclass meaning you'll be having to use both FTXG and OpenLC or something else entirely - but the issue is, from what I've seen, FTXG looks so much better than GEX's textures that I doubt simmers are really going to care about the monopolisation.

You may have missed this part..

Quote" After we complete the next region North America is slated for a complete rebuild with modern source. That has always been on the board but we had to complete the rest of the regions first." end of quote

i agree with first point "It will destroy GEX"  :lol:

Sorry, i couldn't resist

Pathetic, no

Defensive? Heck ya...

But wouldn't you do the same when adter all these years your product was basically the only option on the market?

Plus people have a right to defend themselves. I just wish he would have posted in these forums.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Pathetic, no

Defensive? Heck ya...

But wouldn't you do the same when adter all these years your product was basically the only option on the market?

Plus people have a right to defend themselves. I just wish he would have posted in these forums.

Point taken, you are correct. But competition is good for business, especially for paying customers. I dont think bashing someone else's work is a right thing to do.

Yes I get it that FTXG and openLC might render other texture packs useless, but as long and people are happy with FTXG they dont need GEX anymore.

Oh boy, what a silly notion.

Sell a good product (Do not compare brand new to years old please as it is plain wrong), and help people out for free and post advice on anything and everything FS related.

Nope no good, burn the sucker.

Some parts of this community are plain sad.

Good luck to all, and I hope you really get what you wish for.

Waleed N

What a nonsense.

OF COURSE you can't use FTXG and GEX together: they do the same. If FTXG had been here first and GEX would come around, the situation would be the exact same. And the fact that OpenLC will only work with FTXG isn't so tyrannical: it's normal. FS2Crew for the 737NGX only works with the 737NGX. I never heard NickN say how tyrannical it is that FS2Crew won't work with the Aerosoft Airbus X. OpenLC is an addon for FTXG. Not for GEX. If you don't like that, don't buy it and keep on using GEX. And "Once you start down that path you are committed to it unless you uninstall it completely." Yes...? So...? Isn't that normal? Isn't that the same as when I install GEX or UTX? Or WHATEVER addon? I am also commited to those addons unless I uninstall them...?

Pathetic indeed.

The problem will show his BIG ugly head soon....what if a new add on you would like to purchase from another great company (not talking about Flight1 here) does not work with FTXG because John did not have a beer with them?....what now.

Let's regard ORBX openLC as a product extension to FTX-G, with FTX-G as its prerequisite.

FTX-G on it's own doesn't interfere with other addons.

(It replaces former ground textures, though - but that's exactly the intention of the users.)

Nick is becoming quite the drama queen.

Greek quotes? Calling the fact that Orbx fixed a big part of the LC table (Asia) tyrannical? Insisting we need to live with FSX's flaws because it allows design freedom for others?

Lol.