Sign in to follow this  
alainneedle1

There is an answer from Nick

FTXG is just the beginning; we have a whole series of products planned that will completely reinvigorate FSX/P3D and embrace the new tech in P3D 2.x - we plan years ahead, not a month ahead.

I salute you. Exciting times ahead with P3D and Orbx....exciting times indeed.

I just need to purchase this FTXG now.....

The guy getting the pop corn and the bear never made it back  :unsure:

ZORAN

The bear must have ate him with the pop corn on the side. :P

There wasn't any popcorn as the bear ate it, then when he shown up looking for the popcorn the bear ate him too.

The bear may be in need of a laxative at some point.....bless

EDIT

Hello Tubs whats going on? whats all this shouting? we'll have no trouble here.

Posted same thing at the same time by the same named people!

Go to NickN's forums and read his so called "fsx bible" , more like "fsx diatribe". Calls out devs for not doing things his way, calls out users for modifying fsx.cfg. He does throw in some useful info, but it is clearly a document written by someone who feels threatened. This is even more clear after his Ftxg/Gex post. For all the shortcomings we point out about JV's behavior, NickN has crossed the line. Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Yep. The fsx bible is about - buy supercomputer, add only highmemfix and don't buy FTX products, they are "evil"! He wish luck to avsim with DX10 which is not good too, Word Not Allowed use brute force with his guide, that's evil too! Don't ask me why, it's evil! 

In his guides, many microsoft features and other developers addons are "garbage", etc... A way over the line...

I'm here, but i leave others to speak. I'm starting a long haul flight right now, to see my fsx textures for the last time before i buy FTX global tomorow...  :cray:

And will keep an eye on this funny topic

Yep. The fsx bible is about - buy supercomputer, add only highmemfix and don't buy FTX products, they are "evil"! He wish luck to avsim with DX10 which is not good too, Word Not Allowed use brute force with his guide, that's evil too! Don't ask me why, it's evil! 

In his guides, many microsoft features and other developers addons are "garbage", etc... A way over the line...

I'm here, but i leave others to speak. I'm starting a long haul flight right now, to see my fsx textures for the last time before i buy FTX global tomorow...  :cray:

And will keep an eye on this funny topic

Geez, you really know how to choke up the crowd. Are you sure you want to do this?  Maybe just stay away from it today and overwrite the textures tomorrow.  Better yet, backup the textures and save them in a texture urn.

Bob

So, I take it one can't purchase FTX through Flight 1 ? :)

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

That sir, made my day and thank you for that !

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

That sir, made my day and thank you for that !

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

Is that NickN singing his own psalms? ;) Psalms are often regarded as being the highlight of the bible and in this regard, I have to agree: this lyric is a lot better then what I read from NickN's bible on the other forum.

JUST KIDDING!!! :P

+1

I'm not keen on either gentleman's bedside manner, but I agree with above.  Nick has come across as feeling threatened, and almost with a sense of entitlement (not to have competition), in his thread at F1.

+2

When i saw that linked somewhere I had to go through about ten pages of bible transcripts (the real religious one), ancient Greek mythology and Dr Phil advices before finding the first tweak.

'Thou shall this and thou shall not that!'

But all kidding aside, he has done some good work on different forums with helping people on various subject.

He indeed feels threatened, but this is the way the market works. You've got to move and adept quickly or you'll lose.

I still wish him all the best.

I'm sorry (though not surprised) to see things taking this turn.

I've relied on NickN's guidance for years - I've followed his setup guide, and he's been directly helpful to me on a number of occasions.  I was skeptical when I first encountered him and didn't much like his manner, but found over time that he was able to build convincing arguments and defend them effectively.  It seemed to me that he knew his stuff, more than his antagonists (c.2008-9) did.  His tuning got me good results on my system.  I never followed him slavishly (if I had, I would have opted for Windows XP in 2009, and that would have made migration to Windows 7 a pretty painful affair).  But I used nearly all his tuning recommendations.  Others' tuning didn't deliver for me, for reasons I never fully understood - maybe the tuning systems are mutually exclusive?

Perhaps as a result of Nick's influence, I'm wary of products that don't fully conform to the FSX SDK and introduce their own quirks.

However... Orbx FTXG is so far superior to GEX for my purposes (low-level VFR in my home territory, the U.S. mid-Atlantic region) that I've made my decision - I'm going with FTXG and if that means that other products are incompatible, so be it.  The benefit of FTXG is well worth the trade-offs.  I'm not fully convinced there will be trade-offs (cf. Windows XP, above) but if there are, I'll happily compromise other stuff for the sake of FTXG.

Things change, times change, we move on.  I was a loyal Active Sky user for many years.  This year I've switched to Opus.  I'm not angry at HiFi Sim or dissatisfied with Active Sky, it's just that Opus is better for my purposes.  Similarly for FTXG vs. GEX.  

Actually, I'd have to say that FTXG plus Opus have turned the old sim into a whole new package.  Interesting that new stuff like this can happen to FSX at this late stage.

To NickN - thanks for many good years with GEX and for all your tuning help.  Sorry things are in conflict and I hope that at some future point they won't be.  

Now - anybody want to go flying?  Or is this still the better show?

Guest ecg

I'm sorry (though not surprised) to see things taking this turn.

I've relied on NickN's guidance for years - I've followed his setup guide, and he's been directly helpful to me on a number of occasions. I was skeptical when I first encountered him and didn't much like his manner, but found over time that he was able to build convincing arguments and defend them effectively. It seemed to me that he knew his stuff, more than his antagonists (c.2008-9) did. His tuning got me good results on my system. I never followed him slavishly (if I had, I would have opted for Windows XP in 2009, and that would have made migration to Windows 7 a pretty painful affair). But I used nearly all his tuning recommendations. Others' tuning didn't deliver for me, for reasons I never fully understood - maybe the tuning systems are mutually exclusive?

Perhaps as a result of Nick's influence, I'm wary of products that don't fully conform to the FSX SDK and introduce their own quirks.

However... Orbx FTXG is so far superior to GEX for my purposes (low-level VFR in my home territory, the U.S. mid-Atlantic region) that I've made my decision - I'm going with FTXG and if that means that other products are incompatible, so be it. The benefit of FTXG is well worth the trade-offs. I'm not fully convinced there will be trade-offs (cf. Windows XP, above) but if there are, I'll happily compromise other stuff for the sake of FTXG.

Things change, times change, we move on. I was a loyal Active Sky user for many years. This year I've switched to Opus. I'm not angry at HiFi Sim or dissatisfied with Active Sky, it's just that Opus is better for my purposes. Similarly for FTXG vs. GEX.

Actually, I'd have to say that FTXG plus Opus have turned the old sim into a whole new package. Interesting that new stuff like this can happen to FSX at this late state.

To NickN - thanks for many good years with GEX and for all your tuning help. Sorry things are in conflict and I hope that at some future point they won't be.

Now - anybody want to go flying? Or is this still the better show?

+1

Well said!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4 Beta