Sign in to follow this  
alainneedle1

There is an answer from Nick

To NickN - thanks for many good years with GEX and for all your tuning help.  Sorry things are in conflict and I hope that at some future point they won't be. 

Lol, you make it sound like we should have a collection for him and sing 'For he's a jolly good fellow'.

I read it, it's bunch of crap! GEX is terrible...always has been, FTX is better and always will be. I could care less if F1 ever sells another copy of GEX.

So you do care then? I never knew negative caring was possible....

Lol, you make it sound like we should have a collection for him and sing 'For he's a jolly good fellow'.

Well, I know snark is in fashion and being snarky shows what excellent clever superior beings we are.  Nevertheless, the guy did me some good, more than a lot of other forum people.  So I thought maybe I'd acknowledge that in the middle of the welter of bashing.  Also, I think things are generally better when people get reconciled than when they continue to beat the living crap out of each other.

The headline, BTW, is I think he's wrong and I'm giving up on his product.

Happy to sing or not, whatever people prefer.

This morning, I wake up...and now I find round two...I can't get any flying in...this is just too much fun....two coffee's later, I think I should change to beer.

Actually is quite sad.  JVs post earlier in this tread is one of his best ever. 

Personalities aside...It's just business. If you can't stand the heat get out of the kitchen. 

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3

I supported gex, and loved it thanks, now I will support ftxg, its better, when something else comes along that is better then ftxg I will support it. I have  no sympathy or loyalty to any developer. I will always go with the better product and whats best for me.

I can't see many users purchasing GEX3D for P3D when its finally released which is a shame. If flight1 did not have their anti-p3d policy they could have made some sales but I think that the boat has now left the port.

I supported gex, and loved it thanks, now I will support ftxg, its better, when something else comes along that is better then ftxg I will support it. I have  no sympathy or loyalty to any developer. I will always go with the better product and whats best for me.

Case closed.

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

Ah yes, the 3rd., boer war. Who will prevail this time? This too will pass. Bring on the T7. Meanwhile, the Milviz 732 is absolute fun.

And this.....is the days of our lives.

man so much drama...what happened to just posting pics and being happy as hell we even have a somewhat awesome piece of software to use for our Sim...

And this.....is the days of our lives.

man so much drama...what happened to just posting picks and being happy as hell we even have a somewhat awesome piece of software to use for our Sim...

+1

The thing is, unless we stop actually posting pointless, indifferent, banal posts, reflecting on how interesting and fascinating this thread is, (just like the one that I am typing this very second), this long-moribund* thread will not be allowed to die.........

The posts with actual views were at least semi-interesting, but the wow, this is fun, I'm gonna grab me a beer and some popcorn type posts are what have filled these pages with guff.       ..... oh and plenty of that guff was from me BTW, so I'm standing aside the guilty.

It's a bit like democracy and capitalism though isn't it - there's no real need for the government (in this case Tom and AVSIM) to close the thread, so it's in our own hands as the society of AVSIM to say ok, we've had that fun now and to let these 7 similar threads die.

Many people asked Tom and AVSIM to back off a bit with moderation and intervention, and now we have all of these threads, apparantly somewhat out of control.    Be careful what we wish for huh!

*Ooh, nice word sir!

Yes Congrats Alain.

Guys and Gals (I dunno) can we just cool it?

These are people and yes they have personalities for good, bad or for worse and they have put A LOT into FSX for us to enjoy and I don't want to see anyone implode that has contributed so much to our game (complexities aside) and don't think it is wise for the continued future of FSX if we encourage it.

Thanks both to F1 and to ORBX and everyone else that tries as hard we have great choices AND a future with FSX

Competition is good and its been "fun" but come on folks lets move on.

This thread is not so funny like another one yesterday, and that locked monolog thread on simforums has been modified anyway, and will probably be modified many times from now...

So, this thread will be useless for somebody in future trying to figure what happened. I'm glad about what we have learned, but time to move on!  

p.s. I don't have a hope about "the other side" that he learned his lesson...