Sign in to follow this  
alainneedle1

There is an answer from Nick

You are missing the point but that's alright.

No, I'm not.

You are making a point that is one-sided and short sighted.

Yeah, we could all live within the flawed confines of FSX's default lookup table or the limited abilities of it's SDK but many of us what things to progress and I applaud developers that are willing to work together to think outside the box and offer better products.

right, 

if you have UTX, FSG and SceneryTech lc what would you do? 

I think still install all 3, but in near future this might give problems with existing LC? What about layering in the scenery file? Is this all relating to the lclookup.bgl? Hope someone can figure this out, especially with the LC coming from orbx. At the moment considering installing only orbx stuff, with FSGlobal mesh, some airports and weather progams...... making UTX / GEX unnecessary (?) :wacko: . But then I miss my accurate road and rivers....... :huh: 

please consider NIckN and JV both as great contributors for our hobby,    

:Cuppa:

Figure what out?

All three of those products work fine together. Go install UTX. You need it and it works great with FTXG.

Could someone point me the way to learning what happens if you own all the ORBX "regions" and then put FTXG on top of it.  Have I wasted my region money if I buy FTXG?

Dennis Trawick

Screen Shot Forum Rules

AVSIMSignature_zpsed110b13.jpg

Could someone point me the way to learning what happens if you own all the ORBX "regions" and then put FTXG on top of it.  Have I wasted my region money if I buy FTXG?

Not at all Dennis.

You can go ahead and install FTX Global without having to do anything about your FTX Regions.

FTX Global is primarily a texture set that will replace default textures.  But your regions are scenery / landclass / vector packages, and will be treated as a priority over the FTX Global textures.

So when flying in your FTX Regions, you will only be seeing your FTX Regions.......   FTX Global will only cover the 'rest of the world' (outside your FTX Regions), as it were.  

Not at all Dennis.

You can go ahead and install FTX Global without having to do anything about your FTX Regions.

FTX Global is primarily a texture set that will replace default textures.  But your regions will be treated as a priority so when flying in your FTX Regions, you will only be seeing your FTX Regions.......   FTX Global will only cover the 'rest of the world' (outside your FTX Regions) as it were.  

Thanks for the reply.  So ORBX is replacing "regions" with the openCL areas?

Dennis Trawick

Screen Shot Forum Rules

Maybe this will help http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/61368-ftx-global-update-july-2013-hybrid-mode/

Mr Leny

CPU I7 8700K @ 5.0GHz , MOBO -Asus Maximus X Hero (WiFi AC),GPU - GTX1080 TI , RAM - CORSAIR Vengeance RGB 16GB DDR4 3600MHz
SSD -Crucial MX500 1TB (P3D Install Only)
OS- Samsung 960 EVO 500GB (Window 10 Pro 64)

Thanks for the reply.  So ORBX is replacing "regions" with the openCL areas?

No, as I understand it, none of this line will replace the regions as such.

The OpenLC will add landclass to areas currently outside the FTX Regions, to make them more realistic.

So it could be said that your FTX Experience would have 3 'tiers', once OpenLC comes along:-

1). FTX Regions (as they are now, with custom textures, landclass, vector, etc)

2). FTX Global with OpenLC (Custom landclass, making better use of the FTX Global's textures)

3). FTX Global only... (FSX standard landclass but with FTX Global's textures).

So depending on where you flew, one of the three above scenarios would apply.

Got it ... I guess I need to do some reading outside AVSIM from time to time.  Oh .... the horror!

I used to be able to figure this stuff out, but that trololololo video scrambled my brain.

Dennis Trawick

Screen Shot Forum Rules

This thread is locked and some of you (you know who you are) put on notice that if we see this kind of conduct again, your memberships will be reviewed.