Sign in to follow this  
jtwhite

Removing trees

Thought I'd fly up to Mackinac Island today... lo and behold, there are a bunch of trees right smack dab in the middle of t he tarmac.

Any idea how I can remove these?

I went into Airport Design Editor, but they didn't show up. Guess it's an  landclass thing.

Anyway, I put an exclusion zone around the area, but they're still there.

Any idears?

Thanks in advance

John.

Any idears?

Try drawing a landclass polygon around the area in ADE and set it to "AirportBackground".

7950X3D + 6900 XT + 64 GB + Linux | 4800H + RTX2060 + 32 GB + Linux
My add-ons from my FS9/FSX days

If you're still having tree issues, be sure to include which sim you are using. FS9 and FSX are a bit different.

regards,

Joe

The best gift you can give your children is your time.

sigbar.gif

I too am having trouble with trees in the wrong place! I use an add-on (freeware from Avsim) of my home airfield, Compton Abbas in Dorset, UK to practice circuits in FSX between real life lessons. FSX puts a tree at each end of the runway right on the approach path, too close to the airfield to avoid it unless you want to land 2/3 of the way down the runway. I have FSX De Luxe on Windows 7. My computer expertise is very limited. If it is possible to remove unwanted trees  can anyone offer a step-by-step guide on how to do it please?

What addon scenery are you using for that area? And wich FS Simulator are you using. I have mines at default for FS9 and i have no trees on the tarmac in this area and FSX as well. There may be a couple of reasons why you have trees on the tarmac could be the author of the scenery you are using may have forgotten to get rid of the trees by exuding them

Airport Design Editor will not display trees it only Display Generic Buildings,windsock,Nib's,And Tower view 

Thought I'd fly up to Mackinac Island today... lo and behold, there are a bunch of trees right smack dab in the middle of t he tarmac.

Any idea how I can remove these?

I went into Airport Design Editor, but they didn't show up. Guess it's an  landclass thing.

Any idears?

Thanks in advance

John.

Here is an example of trees where they shouldn't be, The trees are there because the author who created the scenery did one of two things, either he designed the scenery to be used with some type of third party land-class addon such as Ultimate Terrain or he simply wasnt paying attention to what he was doing lol, see how the taxi way hangs out over the water as well.

This happens alot if the person who's using the scenery does not have Ultimate terrain  or any other third party addon the author may have had when he created the scenery there  with that said the user will see things a bit  different then it would on the author's PC. To fix this i would go into ADE,,AFX or APS and re-adjust the taxiways and re alighn the runway to match up my Sims Land-class

If you have AFX you can see if theirs a MOD AFCAD taking priority of the stock Airport Data most likely if your seeing whats in the picture below you will see one. If you delete it that will put the stock airport Taxiway and you shouldn't see trees on the tarmac or simply edit it and align things so the trees will be out of te way.

...or you could learn about airport backgrounds and get rid of the trees the way Microsoft designed.

regards,

Joe

sigbar.gif

That to lol depends if the person is willing to learn, me specifically im always trying to force myself to learn new things :lol:

That to lol depends if the person is willing to learn, me specifically im always trying to force myself to learn new things :lol:

Welcome to the world of MSFS, in which oh so much already comes pre-cooked, pre-served, pre-fed, pre-chewed, pre-swallowed, pre-processed and pre-dumped, but you occasionally still have to figure out how to eat something.

7950X3D + 6900 XT + 64 GB + Linux | 4800H + RTX2060 + 32 GB + Linux
My add-ons from my FS9/FSX days

I have FSX Acceleration, and have noticed a huge number of airports in the standard MS scenery areas of North America (they all seem to be in the Central North America scenery area where I have no add-on scenery files) which have trees throughout the airport buildings, too close to runways and on taxiways)

I do not appear to have this problem with any of the airports in western or eastern North America.

It doesn't matter which aircraft I am using, nor does it matter what season of the year I am flying.  I have tried changing the detail settings in FSX, which has reduced the number of trees but not removed them.  I have tried moving the Central North America scenery up and down the list of sceneries in the library editor - without success.  I have tried adding some AFCAD files for specific airports from online, without success.

These problems did not always exist - for example I have flown in and out of KDFW before and there were no unwanted trees of shrubs.  I do have some additional scenery for some airports such as Fly Tampa products, but turning off all North American add-on scenery did not solve the problems at these particular airports.  I cannot fathom what additions or changes I have which could cause this problem.

Any suggestions would be welcome, as I am an aircraft painter, not a scenery designer!

Cheers,  Brian L Robinson

Flight Simmer since 1983 - loving the brilliant Quality Wings 787 and all PMDG models!!

If you have trees on default airport backgrounds, then I suspect you have a buggered terrain.cfg.

A search here should return some results, I know it has been discussed at fsdeveloper.com.

regards,

Joe

sigbar.gif

Thanks N60JBravo ...

The only scenery area this is happening seems to be central North America ... no other default airport backgrounds.

What should I look for in the tertain.cfg file which would indicate anything corrupted?

Cheers,  Brian L Robinson

Flight Simmer since 1983 - loving the brilliant Quality Wings 787 and all PMDG models!!

Not your terrain cfg. It just tell what areas  to load. I'm guessing Aces didnt remove the autogen from some of the 25000 airports. I suppose it was just missed or overlooked. as stated you could use the SDK to rid the autogen, or less complicated using ADE to remove the trees and or flatten. Ive probably ran into well over a dozen or more airports that have trees in the taxi ways. Usually not the runway though.