Sign in to follow this  
maple-syrup

Combatively

It is on machine. Perfect? No, but together they are a significant improvement over either default or GEX, IMHO.

And I'm tired of combat here at AVSIM.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Wayne Klockner
United Virtual

BetaTeamB.png

Or for that matter Cloud9 or other landclass products.

Even with the reply I received over at FS Dreamteam, it is still not clear.  While SceneryTech landclass may display the textures, the question is did they display them as intended...or correctly as on the ground.  They obviously would display textures but the representation of what's on the ground may be different.

Here is a question and answer I posted over at FS Dreamteam site because they have a 50% off sale right now.  And there are cheaper alternatives over at openVFR and some are free.

Does the modified FTSX lclookup table mean that the texture calls by Cloud9 land class products would end up calling upon unintended textures.

That depends by the changes to the lc codes OrbX made, how many of the changed codes are used by X-Class (and where), and how different the new textures are in relationship to the old code.

Note that, the same issue will of course happening with any other 3rd party landclass, as long as someone touches the lclookup table, any landclass made to conform to the SDK standard will be affected in some way.

However, landclass codes by default go from 1 to 147, and there are several of them not used so, if OrbX has changed one of the unused codes or those from 148 to 255, it's possible their changes can coexist with any 3rd party landclass. Which seems to be the case, since they say any landclass can be used together with FTX Global.

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3

If that is the case. Why is NickN going off the deep end over on the other site about Orbx changing/modifying the lookup file.

Sent from my Apple communications device.

If that is the case. Why is NickN going off the deep end over on the other site about Orbx changing/modifying the lookup file.

Sent from my Apple communications device.

Nick may be standing on a principle of high moral ground.  Regardless let him speak his mind.

Please let's not change the topic here.  While not the OP I have wanted to make sure that I understand (and I think there are many other's who don't understand the technical issues on this topic - the roll of the lclookup file)  exactly what is going on with landclass expecially since Orbx have in fact gone into the lclookup.bgl to make modifications so that their regions work properly and that global will act as it should in the hybrid mode.

See my post on this same technical topic over at Orbx, there is a technical answer from Holger.

As I see it now, the answer is that there are potentially impacts on other landclass products but it depends.  Most likely very little impact.

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3