Sign in to follow this  
gruesen

EAA

Hey Rob, Ryan, etc,

Could you manage a shot of a flyby of the T7 at EAA in Oskosh? How about low and slow in a landing config? Here now and I think it would be a real crowd pleaser!

Thanks in advance!

Michael Gruesen

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpgyeEIP.gif

I guess they're quite busy bringing the 777 to us. Robert hasn't posted for quite a while either. A video would be great in my opinion, we've had enough screenshots.

I guess they're quite busy bringing the 777 to us. Robert hasn't posted for quite a while either. A video would be great in my opinion, we've had enough screenshots.

I agree we all seen everything possible with screenshots so a video in the next update would be nice.

I understand what you are saying guys 

but with PMDG, I am pretty sure they still have many things to show with screenshots haha 

Moe ELkarout

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Gents-

I know this will disappoint a few of you- but the LAST thing you want me doing right now is fiddling around with video editing...

Seriously...  Consider the amount of time required to create even a short video...

I'd rather continue to focus on cleanup details so we can push this thing out to you.

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Gents-

I know this will disappoint a few of you- but the LAST thing you want me doing right now is fiddling around with video editing...

Seriously...  Consider the amount of time required to create even a short video...

I'd rather continue to focus on cleanup details so we can push this thing out to you.

That's even a better plan captain. We know the quality we will receive from you.

Gents-

Seriously... Consider the amount of time required to create even a short video...

I wouldn't have a problem with skipping video and going straight to release.

Agreed. Sorry...got caught up in the moment. Just trying to combine two of my favorite things...EAA and another great PMDG airplane! By all means Rob keep your focus on the clean up list...

Michael Gruesen

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpgyeEIP.gif

It would never happen but I am a video editor and would gladly whip up a few shots for the community if you wanted to record and send them my way.  I could use Awolnation - Sail as the music (that was a joke).

Like I said, it would never happen but the offer is there.  

Sounds like they might skip beta (or the beta is top secret) and go for release soon.  

Sounds like they might skip beta (or the beta is top secret) and go for release soon.

Beta is part of their internal testing and that's what they're doing right now.

Release is very near but a guessing game isn't a good tool though, the best thing we can do for now is to wait. I know that's very difficult for some (including myself)

Seriously... Consider the amount of time required to create even a short video...

I don't think editing is necessary in this case. Just record an upload. We're not asking for a million dollar, movie like trailer. It's just to get an idea of what this masterpiece that you fantastic folks have put together is like to fly and how it sounds and behaves.

All in all, if all these screenshots and videos are going to delay the 777 then you should just skip them all and focus on making her market ready as soon as possible :-)

I don't think editing is necessary in this case. Just record an upload. 

Have you ever seen the size of a video file raw from Fraps before? I think five minutes or so is something like 4GB. So yes, those files definitely need compressing down in an editing software - also since it cuts the clip every couple minutes and makes a new file. 

Have you ever seen the size of a video file raw from Fraps before? I think five minutes or so is something like 4GB. So yes, those files definitely need compressing down in an editing software - also since it cuts the clip every couple minutes and makes a new file.

Yeah, forgot about the file size which would take ages to upload even in a decent internet speed. Imagine 4K though, apparently it's around 950MB for every 12 seconds.

I do not think throwing a 5 minute unedited video is there thing. They are far more professional than that.

Just let them release it and you can make all the videos your heart desires. 

Chuck Biggins

Beta is part of their internal testing and that's what they're doing right now.

Release is very near but a guessing game isn't a good tool though, the best thing we can do for now is to wait. I know that's very difficult for some (including myself)

Tabs said that they are still internally testing

And as long as they didnt announce wide beta testing they are testing internally

Moe ELkarout

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg