Sign in to follow this  
gruesen

EAA

so they never announced that they are in beta?

In other forums many people wrote that they are in beta since months. When this is true and they only do intern (so 5 PC´s) testing then i think we have to wait longer, maybe september to november.

lol And i thought maximum 3-4 Weeks

They have not, and will not, announce beta. I believe it is exactly this reason - "Well NGX beta took this many weeks and we got that much updates meanwhile, and two videos and the other one from AoA..."

You will know how betatesting went when they announce release.

they are in beta right now. why?

- rsr announced the release is weeks ago. he wouldnt do so if they were still in alpha because most bugs are found in beta.

- beta usually takes the longest time due to the amount of people finding bugs and the time required to fix them. (may be different of course)

- the beta team is a selected team by PMDG. what you people above me refer to is an open beta phase which has never been there before at PMDG. therefor, you wont notice it anyway

- "Tabs said that they are still internally testing" -> as a developer, you are always testing internally. or do you think, just because a beta started, you stop testing? and as said in the 3rd one, the beta team is also "internally" if you want it like that.

- i bet, they already have some release candidates which means they are between beta and release, but if you want to go into detail, they could also be in gamma (which is between beta and RC).

Maybe, instead of recording a video and uploading it, we could just get a soundset preview.

Obviously, crunching it down and uploading will make it lose quality, but I think that knowing how this beast will sound would be amazing.

Luke is right, video files are huuuuuuuge. 

Choice A:  take the time to produce a video and push back the 777 release a day or two or 10

or

Choice B:  we know it's getting real close, so no video and we get our hands on this beauty a tad earlier

Choice B hands down

Chris Sunseri

Maybe one of the Beta testers can do a video?

Perhaps more in the style of;

Than the style of 

The former style is basically no real editing, other than the conversion of the file from a 20+gig .avi file fraps makes into a 1080p compressed wmv file less than 2gb, and (in Australia) the ~10 hours it takes to upload to youtube.

Of course you need the rights to upload videos of unlimited length too which new channels don't have (Took me near on 5 years to get this for the musicalavator channel).

Just fly the plane and do the checklists and be both pilots :P and just keep talking. No need to do interviews or impressions, just fly the plane and keep it to something of a sterile cockpit. 

I personally think that a flight online with ATC along the whole route makes better video too. Lots of your voice, the odd interruption to talk to ATC etc.

Also a ~1 hour flight would be about right for a normal video. Better chance at ATC for the whole route that way too.

Best would be to get someone that's used to flying the 777 though, that way the checklists and systems use should be better. No need to edit logos/checklists/charts etc in, that just takes extra time that could be used doing something else.

Most of the editing time should be the computer rendering the file. The user interaction with the computer can be limited to opening Vegas, Opening the Fraps movie folder. Highlighting all files in the fraps folder, Dragging all of them onto the Vegas timeline, selecting "File > Save as movie", selecting the right aspect ratio and file type and resolution, hitting "save" and then going to bed and letting the computer do it's thing.

Next day drag the resulting file into the "Upload to youtube", writing some stuff in the title and blurb. "PMDG 77L Flight on Vatsim" and waiting a few hours for it to upload.

My ADSL connection in Australia takes hours to upload, and during that time internet usage is really slow. Might be worth doing overnight while sleeping.

Of course you could just release it this month, then I'll do one myself  when I get the time and Vatsim ATC is online.

Also, Cross the Pond. Not exactly looking forward to the 24+ hours that 8 hour video will take to upload :P

No...pretty sure not. More than likely busy getting the T7 ready for release... Maybe next year!

...at least I didn't see them in the usual vendor areas...

Michael Gruesen

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpgyeEIP.gif