Sign in to follow this  
Andrew Hansen

Uninstalling Orbx FTX Global ........ how?

I swear I read somewhere from JV himself that an uninstaller was in the works.

Intel i7 10700K | Asus Maximus XII Hero | Asus TUF RTX 3090 | 32GB HyperX Fury 3200 DDR4 | 1TB Samsung M.2 (W11) | 2TB Samsung M.2 (MSFS2020) | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280mm AIO | 43" Samsung Q90B | 27" Asus Monitor

lol @ FTX Global "disaster", get a grip dude.

-Jaison

I really don't get any of you hating FTX Global. P3D for me now looks PERFECT, autogen and trees are plentiful and in the correct places.. I will NEVER go back to vanilla scenery or GEX.

Couldn't agree more!

lol @ FTX Global "disaster", get a grip dude.

Indeed, a total troll comment if ever there was one.

Indeed, a total troll comment if ever there was one.

It is entirely possible he bought into all the hype from all the forums and did try it out and doesn't like it,  There are two sides to everything,

• Upvote 8

Best, Michael

KDFW

It is entirely possible he bought into all the hype from all the forums and did try it out and doesn't like it,  There are two sides to everything,

Certainly, but there is a difference between not liking a product and claiming it is a complete disaster.

Certainly, but there is a difference between not liking a product and claiming it is a complete disaster.

He probably thought that spending $90 to $100 (depending on where he lives) would buy an addon that has an uninstaller. I have seen some FSX freeware addons that include uninstallers, so it can't be that difficult.

Orbx is gloss but underneath it all leery of its setup as it does not conform with sdk kit fsx has. Any software that hard to uninstall regardless of cost and qaulity is no sale in my book. Nick at flight1 is right about Orbx method of hooking users never letting then opt out unless completely reinstall you fsx. GEX may not look the best but I can uninstall it at least. A reputable company would allow easy install and uninstall.

• Upvote 8

Its really sad now you can't say how you feel about this product without being jumped on by the ORBX die hards as being a fake or a troll or your some idiot that doesn't know what he/she is talking about.

All I see now is how everybody says GEX is terrible and dispecable (why was it not terrible when it first came out) but nobody is jumping on those guys saying trolls or whatever.  Its beginning to look like this forum is full of Pre-puberty kids.

If somebody doesn't like the product SO WHAT thats their opinion; just because you like it doesn't mean they have to also.  I don't think its gonna affect your enjoyment of the product if the OP doesn't like it; and its not going to affect ORBX sales or thier intended upgrades.

I guess the quesiton is:  "Are we not allowed to state an opinion anymore without being called an idiot?"

I own the product, I really like the product,  I could care less if the OP uninstalls or says the product is trash or an "abomination". 

Just my unsolicitied thoughts on the matter.

• Upvote 8

Sean Green

I could care less if the OP uninstalls or says the product is trash or an "abomination".

Just my unsolicitied thoughts on the matter.

Great comments, but should the above be "I could NOT care less"?

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

I own the product, I really like the product, I could care less if the OP uninstalls or says the product is trash or an "abomination".

I think you have it figured correctly. It would be like me claiming that brussel sprouts are trash or an "abomination" (which in my opinion they are). It is only an opinion; the validity of the statement being dependent on what I think of brussel sprouts. This should in no way impact on the future sales of this vegetable which will be determined by what other people think of it.

Orbx is gloss but underneath it all leery of its setup as it does not conform with sdk kit fsx has. Any software that hard to uninstall regardless of cost and qaulity is no sale in my book. Nick at flight1 is right about Orbx method of hooking users never letting then opt out unless completely reinstall you fsx. GEX may not look the best but I can uninstall it at least. A reputable company would allow easy install and uninstall.

FTX can be uninstalled (only manually, surprisingly) as per the ORBX instructions in their forum.

A complete reinstall of FSX is not necessary.

Frankly I'm amazed that a payware product of this significance does not have a solid, reliable uninstall program. If ever I buy FTX-G (and I am tempted), I will be sure to take a complete disk image of my system that I can restore if necessary.

+1

You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink. If a simmer intent to use FTXG with Orbx products only they are good to go no matter what, but what's stopping Orbx one day to change something (since they do not conform with the SDK) after you spent more money on their products and make add on from other company useless with theirs?...I'm not saying it will happen but are you welling to take that chance?

This would not be the first time they change their mind about something right?  Nick already raised his voice about that, he may not be the only one not liking this.....

Again, if you are a diehard Orbx's customer (and there is nothing wrong with that) and you don't give a flying you know what about what may happen with other add on you are good to go.

• Upvote 6

sometimes i wish we have "Dislike" options here... just saying

• Upvote 6

This would not be the first time they change their mind about something right?  Nick already raised his voice about that, he may not be the only one not liking this.....

IGNORANT DEVELOPER #4 is the developer who designs their products to force other developers to conform to their product instead of the SDK developed by Microsoft Aces so all products work together in harmony.

IGNORANT DEVELOPER #2 - is the developer who alters your FSX.cfg file without your knowledge or input with a addon manager or installer. 

Two things do not like about orbx methods the first is not an accident I hate to say.  Nick thinks more conservative about how to run fsx like his thinking he see where problems lie and all be 5% won't touch obrx.  Went to Ripoff Report about Orbx back in 2012 and read some of the comments they did not have nice things to say.